Chapter 33: The End

The week had passed by quickly and I regretted not a damn thing in my life. It was late and Eli was sound asleep next to me, snoring softly. I slithered out of his arm and out of bed. I grabbed a note pad and wrote on it.

Dear everyone,

By the time you read this I’ll be gone. I just want you all to know that these past weeks, months, years, etc. have been amazing thanks to you guys. Tell Emporer Rian that he needs to put the plan into effect soon, destroy all the zombies quick. Please, don’t shed a single tear over me, I made this decision, I’ll face the consequences. Just find the bastards after you tell Mr. Kobayashi that I’ve been killed and that he needs to destroy the zombies as quickly as possible. Eli, you remember that restaurant we went to last week? I hope that’s where you’ll find my body…

I love you guys, and I’m sorry that I’m about to hurt you guys so much. Forgive me?

-Gwyneth Valentine

Eli stirred and groaned before sitting up and blinking at me.

“Gwyn?” he said groggily. “What are you doing up?” he asked. I sighed and went over to him.

“Just go back to bed, Eli alright?” I said.

“Alright,” he yawned.

“Hey, I love you,” I whispered.

“I love you too,” he said back. He laid he head back on the pillow and yawned once more. With tears rolling down my cheeks, I planted a firm kiss on his forehead and a soft kiss on his lips. He was soon sound asleep. My heart broke at the thought of never seeing him again but I have to do this. I slipped out of the hotel door and down the corridor to the elevator. I pushed the call button and waited.

“Where do you think you’re going?” a solemn voice asked from behind me. I twisted around to see Blake standing there.

“It’s none of your business Blake,” I said, wiping some tears that were still falling. 

“It’s one in the morning, where are you going?” Blake demanded again. I balled my hands up in frustration.

“It’s none of your damn business Blake!” I bit out. “Why won’t you just leave me alone?”

“You’re in trouble aren’t you?” he asked. I shook my head, tears continuing to fall.

“No, no, no! I’m fine! Just leave me alone!” I said. Ding! The elevator doors opened and I stepped in, Blake following behind me.

“I’m sorry but as a former boyfriend, and someone who still sort of cares for you all, I need to know, Gwyn,” he pleaded. I scoffed.

“Please, like you really care about us,” I scowled. The doors closed and we began to descend.

“Think about Eli, I know whatever you’re about to do won’t end well because otherwise you would’ve waited ‘til the morning, especially since there are those hooded guys following you,” he said.

“How do you know about them?” I gasped.

“I told you, I still sort of care,” he said. I wiped my cheeks again.

“I have to do what I have to do,” I said dryly.

“Whatever you say, Gwyn, just live, can ya do that?” he asked.

“I’m not sure, if I can,” I whispered. The elevator stopped and I stepped out.

“Well I’ll tell Eli you love him,” he said. I faintly heard him say that as I walked quickly to the lobby.