Chapter 17: So who won?

Eli’s thumb rubbed against my cheek and his grey eyes bore into mine.

“Good morning, love,” he smiled. I gave him a quick peck on his soft lips.

“Good morning to you as well,” I smiled. “You know what we should do?” I asked as seductively as I could.

“What?” he whispered.

“Put on some music,” I whispered in his ear as I grinned. He moved his head from mine and frowned.

“It’s not nice to tease,” he frowned.

“How many times do I have to say this? Who said I’m nice?” I grinned. He rolled his eyes as I got up and looked for the back room. It wasn’t long ‘til I found it and found the sound system. I found a familiar CD and slid it in the system. Immediately I heard my favorite band playing one of my favorite songs. I began to sing along with Brendon Urie’s melodious voice.

“Hm, When the Day Met the Night?” He asked. I nodded and continued singing and he sang with me. Somehow we ended the song with me laying on a bean bag and his feet in my face which I was trying to push away.

“Your toes are grodie!” I yelled while laughing as he shoved them back in my face. “Ugh! Why do I love you again?” I asked.

“Well I have looks, charm, humor, smarts--,”

“You can stop now Mr. Conceited,” I smirked. He chuckled and pulled his toes out of my face. His face entered my field of vision as I twisted my head to the side. I giggled as I saw he was pulling a face. “Why hello, it’s nice to see your face again, and not your toes,” I said. I playfully narrowed my eyes at him and he laughed.

“Let’s go for a walk,” he grinned. I smiled at the thought but groaned anyway.

“Do we have to?” I asked.

“Yes,” he said plainly.

“Well, I’ll walk, but do I have to walk with you?” I asked him.

“What does that mean?” he asked, glaring at me lightheartedly.

“Well, what if I want to walk with, I don’t know, Chase or Michael, or the twins?” I asked as I stood up. He stood up and we had a glaring watch which was ruined by our grinning. He moved a foot and I turned on my heels and ran.

“This is our day together!” he shouted as he chased after me. “You will walk with me, Gwyn!!”

“Never!” I shouted as I ran in between two shelves. I ran into another aisle, pulling a shelf down behind me. He tripped over it but quickly collected himself. I giggled and grabbed some clothes and the keys to the back room. I ran in there and locked myself in. Blood splattered the wall and floor from what I assumed was a former employee’s blood before their body was brutally torn apart and left in the corner to rot. I quickly changed and opened the door after telling Eli to stop banging on the door. I smiled as his face twisted in happiness. I had on long sleeved v-neck with a grey cardigan that I found back there. On top of that I had a small hoodie. I had some grey long johns and black skinny cargo pants. On my feet was a pair of black combat boots. “Get changed so we can go.”

“Why do I need to change?” he asked.

“Just change, you wore that yesterday,” I said. He grumbled but did as I said. He wore grey skinny jeans and a short sleeved grey and white shirt that said “I don’t even know” in black letters with a white long sleeved tee underneath in addition to his white Converse. I tossed his a grey hoodie and held out a parka. “You must wear the hoodie, not the parka,” I said. He shrugged on the hoodie and rejected the parka. He grabbed two Samurai Edge 2s and I grabbed my two machetes. I slipped out of the door with Eli behind and we made it outside surreptitiously, the snow crunching beneath our shoes. I grinned.