Chapter 10: TEAM ELI!!!!

Today was the last day in this dreaded hospital. I was excited to leave. The doctors handed me a bag full of my clothes. I gladly took them but they weren’t the ones I wore before I came here, the police had to take those in as evidence or whatever. I changed into my grey cargo pants and a black Panic! At The Disco shirt. I let my hair fall around my shoulder. It had gotten longer over the past few months. I said good bye and thank you to my doctor and nurses as I left the building. I saw Chase waiting in the lobby.

“Hey,” I said.

“Hey,” he said, hugging me.

“Let’s go, this hospital is getting boring,” I smirked. Once in Blake’s car I asked, “Why didn’t the others come?”

“They didn’t want to overwhelm you,” he replied. The car ride grew silent. “So how do you feel?”

“Psychologically, I’m no different; physically, I’m a little sore, but other than that I’m okay,” I smiled at him.

“Okay that’s good,” he replied.

“So what’d you guys do while I was gone?” I asked.

“Nothing really, bought some more weapons- they’re really cheap at Wal-Mart- and tried to help the police as much as we could with the investigation, that’s about all we did,” he said. We pulled up next to the cabin. I let out a heavy breath and braced myself for the ambushes of hugs. I opened the door and stepped out. I walked towards the cabin and was immediately tackled to the ground. I looked up into Michael’s eyes.

“You’re back!” he yelled. Carter tore Michael off of me and gave me a hand. He engulfed me in a hug. Eventually, I got a hug from everyone and what not.

Hours went by and we did nothing amazing. I was sitting on the floor, looking up at the ceiling, when I got a call. I answered with a, “Gwyn’s phone! What’s up?”

“Hey Gwyn, this is the police officer you saw the day you woke up,” a voice said.

“Which one, there were three of them,” I said lamely.

“They one that didn’t look like he just came out of a Law & Order show and the one that wasn’t quiet and awkward,” he said. I could hear the smirk in his voice. I shot up like a rocket.

“CARAMEL SKIN!” I yelled into phone.  He chuckled.

“So is that my new nickname?” he asked. I nodded.

“Mhm!” I said, smiling.

“I’m Special Agent Aaron Scott, can you come down to the station?” he asked.

“If only I knew where it was, my friends and I live in the woods for now,” I told him.

“What do you mean by that?” he asked.

“We’re… traveling cross-country,” I told him hesitantly.

“Okay, so come into town it’s a really big grey building, you’ll see it,” he said.

“Okay, is it okay if I bring a friend?”

“Of course!”

“Okay see you guys in a bit,” I chirped.

“Bye Gwyn,” then there was a click, signaling that the line had gone dead.

“Who was that?” Blake asked.

“One of the FBI agents,” I said. I perked up a bit. “You wanna go to the station with me?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he grabbed his keys, “Let’s go!” We skipped- yes skipped- out of the cabin and to his car. He unlocked the door and we hopped in. I turned up the stereo and “Bleed It Out” blared through the speakers.  Blake smiled at me as I sang out loudly with the music.