Chapter 6: Movies, Dances, and Surprises!

I sat in the room with arms crossed at the two people in front of me. They just sat with a smile as they opened up the door. Blake walked in along with Eli. They pushed and shoved to get in the room first and I had to stifle a laugh. They finally made their way in and sat by me on either side. The others came in after them chuckling and sat on the ground. Fiona put a movie into the DVD player and I waited. I groaned after I saw what was coming on. The opening credits to Titanic floated on the screen. The three girls glared at me while the four boys gave me a sort of amused look.

“Sorry,” I said.

“SHH!” the girls on the floor hissed. I raised my hands up in defeat.

“Do you not like this movie?” Eli whispered. I shook my head no. I had seen this movie too many times and it was become torture just to watch the two meet. Blech!

“Why not, Gwyn, it’s a pretty awesome movie,” Blake said.

“‘Oh Jake’” I attempted to imitate using a high pitch girly voice. Then I switched to a deep manlier voice, “‘Oh Rose’” I switched back and forth pretending to have a conversation with myself. “’Yeah, Jake?’ ‘I love you, Rose!’ ‘Hahmhmhmmm’ ‘Kiss me, Rose’ ‘Okay Jake’ mwah mwah mwah mwah mwah! ‘Rose!’ ‘Yeah Jake sniff sniff’ ‘Don’t let go’ ‘I won’t let go Jake’ ‘Ok’ Then he di--.”

“DON’T SAY THE D WORD!!!” Fiona screamed putting her hands over her ears and Staci was doing the same while Lindsay was mesmerized by the movie.

She held up a finger and said, “SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” They boys were laughing hysterically by now and the girls continued to get angrier. Staci finally just grabbed the DVD out of the player and said, “Come on girls, let’s go watch this where it’s quiet!” The all got up and stormed out of the room, slamming the door closed and leaving me alone with the four boys. We all suddenly burst out laughing a few seconds after the door slammed shut. We calmed down after a moment or two. Then, we started laughing again, for no reason at all! I smiled and threw my arms around the two boys nearest me. They smiled down on me. I gave a sheepish smiled back.

“Anybody wanna listen to some tunes?” I asked. They hooted in agreement and I chuckled as I pulled my iPod out of my back pocket. I connected it a random iHome and turned it up on high. I began to sway my hips to the sound of Panic! At The Disco and the boys just laughed. I grabbed Michael’s hand and began to dance as he stood next to me as I moved his hands. “Don’t you know how to dance?” I asked. My eyes must have grown to the size of CDs because Michael broke out in a grin. “Do any of you boys know how to dance?” I inquired as the music continued to play. “There’s a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered, Honey. You Just Haven’t Thought of it Yet” played in my ears. All the boys shook their heads except- surprisingly- Carter. I raised an eyebrow. “You know how to dance, Carter?” I said. He nodded his head with a goofy grin on his face. “Then come up here!” I said, motioning him up next to me. He pushed himself up from the couch and jumped up next to me. He grabbed my hands and we danced to the music. It felt like there was no one in the room- considering I had my eyes closed most of the time- until the other three cleared their throats while I was spinning. I came out of my little world and tripped on my feet. I glared at them as they laughed. I stood up from where I laid and dusted myself off.

“That was awesome!” Michael shouted at Carter. He took my hand and we bowed.

I grabbed Eli and Blake’s hand and they both stood up. I grabbed Michael’s hand and he stood up hesitantly. By now the song had changed to “Lying is the Most Fun a Girl can Have Without Taking her Clothes Off” and I grabbed Eli’s hands as it began. Brendon Urie sang,

“Is it still me that make you sweat? Am I who you think about in bed,

When the lights are dim, and your hands are shaking as you’re sliding off your dress.