Chapter 5: Beyind Belief

I turned to the group who had looks of shock on their faces. I grabbed the bag of tacos and screamed, “Come on! Follow me!” They scrambled to their feet and ran after me. The zombie chased after us with the a few others behind him. I pulled a gun out of my pants and pulled the trigger. Two of the damned things dropped to their knees as I missed the others. I cursed to myself. I tried to hit the other three but found my gun empty of ammunition. I groaned in annoyance as I took a sharp left with my friends in tow. I threw the keys to Blake as we got outside.

“Go start the car, I’ll be there soon,” I told him.

“Wait--,” he stammered.

“Just go!” I screamed. He nodded and I hid in the bushes as the zombies broke through the door. I unsheathed a pocket knife. My plan was to take them out one by one. When one came near the bush I grabbed its head and twisted violently, ripping the head of its shoulders with her golden hair flying around wildly. It screeched a blood-curling screeched. The others looked at me. The female zombie with black and turquoise hair came after me, tackling me. The bitch must have been a football player of something. I fell hard with my head ricocheting off of the concrete. She pinned my arms underneath her knees and threw the knife out of my hand. I was weaponless with a zombie pinning me down. How did this happen?

I struggled under her weight to get my arms free.  She lowered her head and opened up her mouth. Her teeth touched my skin when I ripped my arm out from under her body. I elbowed her in the jaw, accidentally knocking it off. I scrambled to my feet and went to grab the knife. She came to tackle me but I was prepared this time. As she jumped to tackle me I took the knife and jabbed it into her skull. She laid on the ground crippled. I straddled over her and beat her until her brains were splattered on the ground. I was sadly interrupted when a pair of hands pulled me off of her. She laid there completely dead.

I turned to see the undead version of Kyle in front of me. I gasped. Well, I guess not everyone can be a normal human. I swung a fist at him and hit him square in the face. He stumbled backwards and kicked the knife out of my hand. I groaned in annoyance. Again! It was maybe 100 feet away from me. That boy can kick. I glared at him and kicked him in his decomposing stomach. He flew backwards and I went to go grab my weapon. I felt something grab my leg and I fell, hitting my jaw on the concrete. His gross teeth sunk into my calf and hit bit down hard. He had my muscle and skin in him mouth. I kicked his head with my other leg and he fell to the side. I army crawled to my knife just as the undead scrambled towards me. I aimed and threw the knife at his skull. He laid there, not movies a single muscle. I hobbled/crawled to my old friend. He thrashed out at me when I stole the knife from his skull. I stabbed him again and again and again until blood was spattered over my clothes and face.

My black van was nowhere in sight. I assumed they just waited in the car. I stood up as best as I could and limped to the van, using the parked cars as support. I slammed my fist against the windows, screaming, “Open the door!” They complied and the door slid open. “Help me up,” I said. Michael and Fiona grabbed my wrists and pulled me up. “Hand me the First Aid and drive,” I commanded. They did as they were told. I spray disinfectant on the wound and wrapped it in gauze. They all stared at me waiting for an explanation. “I was bitten,” I spoke up. They all gasped. “Yeah, I know. It’s gonna get bad in about 30 minutes. Shoot me then, not now. I want you guys to have my van and weapons- if and only if I die. Please take Eli, with you. Tell him he was my best friend and to leave that skank, Juliet for the undead.” They smirked. “And you guys are the only friends I have, beside Eli. I’m glad I get to spend whatever’s left of my life with you guys. Well it’s been 25 minutes. Time flies when you’re going to die.” I said glancing at my watch. A gun barrel was on my head as the gang waited for me to turn. Fortunately, I never turned.  I never had the craving for brains, I never turned, and I never was shot in the head.