Chapter 7: The undead ruin everything!

I awoke when the car jolted to a stop. I blinked the sleep out of my eyes and they adjusted to the darkness around us. The only source of light came from a lonely streetlamp and the light was pale and ominous. I smiled nonetheless when I realized we at an amusement park called Fred’s Amusement. It was closed now but it looked like it was still in business. Blake parked and we all hoped out of the car. I ran towards the park, not waiting for the other two to catch up. The warm August air hit my bare legs. The entrance was locked so I climbed the fence around it. When I jumped down, someone beamed a bright light in my eyes. When my eyes finally adjusted, I realized a boy was shining a flashlight in my eyes. He pulled a lever up with a smirk on his face. The rides and light turned on with a life. I slowly stood up with my hands above my head.

“You’re trespassing, you know,” he said with a smirk.

“Aren’t you too?” I asked.

“Nope! My dad owns the place,” he grinned.

“Cool! So, can I ride some stuff with my friends?”

“Hun, there’s a reason I turned them on,” he told me with a smirk. I ran up to him and tackled him in a hug.

“Thank you!” I repeated over and over again.

“Yeah thanks, Chase,” Blake said. I looked around until my eyes landed on a roller coaster that was really big and thrilling from the sight. I turned to Chase.

“Can we go on that one?” I asked pointing at it.

“Sure,” he laughed. I got behind them and pushed them forward towards the coaster. I sat in the front row and Chase buckled me in. Blake and Eli sat on either side of me. Chase was at the control panel with his fingers on the green button.

“Wait!” I shouted at him. “Aren’t you riding too?”

He laughed. “Sorry, gotta work the thing.”

“Oh, okay,” I shrugged. The coaster suddenly went forward slowly uphill. We eventually made our way to the high point of the coaster. We shot down the hill and my stomach was in my throat. I was screaming of course, I didn’t have much of a childhood. Always in my room, no money to go to places like this. Most of my entertainment came from books, movies and the outside world. When the ride stopped I could barely stand from the excitement. I went over to Chase and said, “Can we go on that one?” I pointed to one that read the word “Kamikaze” above it in colorful neon lights. He nodded and I squealed with delight. I ran to it with the others in tow. I jumped in the front seat quickly. Chase smiled as Blake and Eli fought over the seat next to mine. They finally settled it and Eli sat next to me. Blake sat behind me mumbling words of anger to himself. I stifled a giggled. Chase pressed the green button and the cart began to swing back and forth like those balls used to demonstrate Newton’s Laws of Motion. It got so high. Eventually we did an entire three-sixty with me screaming with shouts of joy. I was scared the thing would fly off of its hinges. We were still going back in forth and I was nearly upside down when I saw the dead walk behind Chase. I pulled out my gun and aimed. Chase looked scared but didn’t say anything. I pulled the trigger and down it went. Chase looked behind him and jumped in the air. He stopped the ride and we got down.

“How—Who—When—Can--,” Chase was at a loss for words.

I giggled and said, “It’s called a zombie.”

“Holy CRAP! Those things are real?!” He asked.

I rolled my eyes. “NO!” I said sarcastically, “That one was just a guy in make-up.”

“Oh! That makes a lot of sense!!” he replied bitterly.

I grabbed his arm and ran to Blake’s car with the other two in tow shooting at the nearby zombies. There were twenty-five of them, at least. Their aim was horrible but when it’s your first time with a gun and you’re running and it’s a life or death situation, beggars can’t be choosers. I opened the door and threw him inside the car.

“Move! Move! Move!!” I shouted. The hopped in the car and we drove running over a few zombies. “Okay you guys need to get your things and get out of the state!” I told them. Frustration coursed through me as I realized how fast the infection was spreading. Soon the entire Americas would be infected, then the entire west hemisphere, then the world…

I heard a zombie scream when it slammed against the car. I leaned out of the window and began to shoot. Zombies fell down to their knees and on their backs. I laughed a demented laugh as I killed all the zombies and we drove away. Their dark red blood stained the dark streets. I crept my head back into the car and rolled up the window. I turned and saw that Chase was staring out the window longingly.

“What are you thinking about, Mister?” I asked him.

“Oh nothing…” he sighed.

“Why would you lie?” I smirked.

“It’s just that, I swore I saw my sisters face in one of those things out there. I just hope I’m imagining it all. I’m just hoping this is all a dream and that all of this never happened,” He sighed.

I put a hand on his arm. “I’m sorry, but it’s all real, Chase,” I told him sadly. He shook his head.

“No. No. NO!” He shouted.

“Calm down, Chase!” I said warningly. I gripped his arm tightly.

“Screw off!” He said, pulling his arm back. We looked at each other with our eyes full of sadness.

“Chase! Calm down! This is the same girl who was bitten and was strong enough to live through all of this for about a year, isolating herself in with the disease! You’re not the only one who’s lost someone from this!” Blake told him sternly. I could feel his eyes on me as I looked down at my feet. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes. As hard as I tried, they stayed true to their threat and fell silently down my cheeks. The car was silent except for the occasional sniffles from me. We made it to the hotel but I stayed in the car, my hands were together neatly in my lap.

“You coming?” Chase asked. I shook my head. “Why not?”

“I’ll be there soon,” I told him. He shrugged and left. When he made his way into the building, I rolled up the windows and locked the doors. I curled up in the back seat with my gun by my head. Tears went down my face. I squeezed my eyes shut. Sleep never came. I just laid there for hours. I hear a knock against the window. I sigh as I see Eli looking down on me. I unlock the door and he sits.

“Why you still out here?” he asked.

“Just wanted to get away… from reality, I guess,” I answered.

“We should go back inside,” Eli said.

“But I don’t want to,” I whisper.

“What?”

“Honestly, I don’t want to go anywhere but hell.” I sighed. He grabbed my wrist tightly. “Let go, Eli.”

“Then take it back!” He nearly screamed.

“No! I’d rather die than stay in this zombie infested world any longer, watching people die, and for what? A lonely life!” I shout back at him.

“You remember when you said the only thing you want to do is live?” I nodded. “Well we are going to live. WE! Nobody else matters except us and our friends! If we can’t save ourselves then who can we save?” With that said, he crashed his lips into mine. His grip on my wrist loosened and I wrap my arms around his neck. I tore my lips away from his. I got up and walked inside of the building with a word.

----

Yep! Kind of boring! Sorry! I've been caught up in my.... NEW STORY!!!! Yep it's an awesome collab with Ricochet Martinez! I love her (nh)! You should read it! And we just might make some youtube videos but you will neva see my face... Chet's on the other hand maybe... I don't know! Well I love you guys! Vote. Comment. Etc.

Juliet Capulet