Chapter 14: Aw Hellz Naw!!

I woke up with Eli pulling me close to his chest. This was the first time in what felt like ages that I’ve felt normal, like there weren’t actually flesh-eating monsters outside of the city. I planted a soft kiss on his lips and his eyes fluttered open. I pulled away once his eyelashes fluttered against my face.

“Good morning,” I smiled.

“Good morning, beautiful,” he smiled back. I blushed and tucked my head down. His bare body entered my field of vision and my face grew even hotter. I looked up and averted my gaze from him. I heard him chuckle lightly.

“Well I’m going to get dressed. Want me to get you some clean clothes from the roof?” I offered.

“You don’t have to…” he trailed.

“It’s okay, I have to get clean clothes too anyway,” I said, shrugging on my bra.

“Well okay, if you insist,” he said. I pulled on my panties and shrugged his white button up over my torso.

“Be back in a few,” I said, walking into the hall. After closing the door, I made my way to the roof. I grabbed the bag full of Eli and my clothes. I threw the duffle bag full of weapons over one shoulder and the bag full of food over the other. I struggled down the stairs with all the heavy bags I was holding but eventually made it to the level where I and Eli were staying. I kicked open the door and dropped the bags on the floor. Panting, I collapsed on the bed where Eli wasn’t laying. The sound of running water hit my ears and I rolled my eyes, smirking. You and your cleanliness, I said silently.

He came out of the shower only wearing a white towel. I appraised his body with my eyes. His toned muscles had tiny water droplet covering over them and his hair was soaked, making the usually straight hair longer and wavier than before. It hung in his face messily and wildly.  He looks so sexy, I smirked to myself. He smirked back and pulled a shirt over his head. I turned away so he could pull on his underwear. When I turned back, he was gone and all that was left was his white towel. Before I knew it, an arm had snaked around my neck. I let out a gasp.

“I went ninja on you, babe,” he whispered. I could hear the smirk in his voice. I took his hand and twisted it behind his back.

In a fake Asian accent, I said, “No young grasshopper, it is I who has gone ninja on you.” I smirked and let him go after kissing his neck. He turned to me and smirked.

“You’re good,” he smirked. I smiled.

“I know,” I chirped. I grabbed my clothes and took a quick shower. After my shower, I put on my clothes and let my long wet hair hang around my shoulder. I smiled up at Eli and he smiled back. “I’m going to the roof, coming?” I asked as I grabbed my guns and put them in the sheaths on my thighs. I also picked up my machetes and slid them in the sheath attached to my back. He nodded and grabbed the bow and picked up the quiver containing twenty arrows. He also grabbed a gun and slid them in his pants. Together we walked up to the roof. We saw that everyone was sitting on the roof with a worried look on their faces. “What’s up guys?” I asked, my voice laced with concern. Faith whipped her head towards me.

“The zombies got in,” was all she said.

“What?” I asked incredulously.

“They- they got into the building, shit loads of them,” Fiona stuttered.

“We have to get out of this town,” I told them all sternly. I saw they had weapons around them. They nodded. “You guys got your clothes?” I asked. They shook theirs and I returned their gestures with a smirk. “Cover me,” was all I said before rushing downstairs to the level Eli and I slept on. I immediately went to our room and threw the bags to Eli. “Anyone else on this level?” I asked the group.