Chapter Eighteen

I opened the door to the Andrew’s gently pushing Matty in. “Matt, come on put it down.” I smiled as he messed with his Leappad, his new favorite thing.  I had to take it away from him last night just so he’d go to sleep. I pretty much smacked Z for giving it to him. The night was quiet and it went off without a hitch. Now I’m here to get ready for my date tonight with Finn. Mrs. Andrew’s promised to help me get ready and watch Matty tonight.

“Hey Kids.” Taylor smiled walking into the room in full uniform. If Finn was anything like his father, I hope he looks as good as him in the future. He’s damn hot in that uniform, sleeves folded up tightly on his biceps. Taylor may be hot in his uniform, but Finn is jaw dropping hot.  He makes my stomach quiver and my heart go into my throat when I see him. I tell you, if you could see him you’d be throwing your clothes off screaming ‘I’m ready for you!’ too.

“Hi Mr. Andy, Matty doesn’t want to put his new leapfrog down.” I smiled giving up and picking Matty up. I learned that Matty loves to be picked up, and he isn’t even that heavy. He smiled at me putting down the Leappad and putting his head on my shoulder.

“Every kid is like that with a new toy. AJ would sleep with it so her brothers wouldn’t take it from her.” I smiled as Matty started to play another game on it. I never had that when I was a kid. There were no new toys, no one to hide it from, well no toys really. I’m happy Matty is happy.

“Kids these days.” I smiled kissing his head. Bailey came into the room. She smiled at me.

“You’re here!” She smiled at me running over and pulling the two of us into a hug. “I’m so happy. Did you bring your dress? I have all of my stuff on Finn’s bed ready for you. Oh you’ll look beautiful.” She put her hands on my face. “This is going to be fun.” She smiled kissing my cheeks. I really do love Bailey. She’s just so nice. “When do you need to be on duty?” She asked her husband brightly.

“I have to leave in a couple hours.” He winked at me. “I’ll take this little guy so he doesn’t have to do all those damn girly things.” He smiled taking Matty into his arms. “Let’s go watch a movie.” He smiled at him walking into the living room.  Bailey smiled at rubbing my cheeks.

“Go get into the shower! We don’t have much time to make you even more beautiful than you already are.” I shook my head as she pushed me towards the bathroom. “Hurry!” She laughed as I turned the water on. I could take quick showers. I do it all the time. I’m a lazy person and don’t feel like standing there for long periods of time. I got undressed and showered quickly wrapping myself in a towel. I could hear talking in the front room as I went into Fin’s room and got dressed in one of Finn’s PT shirts. I pulled my hair into a bun and walked to the stairs.

“We just have a couple more questions to ask you, Gunny.” I looked down the stairs to see a women and a man sitting on the couch in suits. I blinked not knowing what to do.

“I don’t understand what is going on. Danny wouldn’t do anything like that. He barely even punishes his kids because he’s afraid he’d scare them.”

“We understand that but you see Sir, this is an investigation. Staff Sergeant Daniel Miller is on the top of our list of suspects.” I shook my head. Danny wouldn’t do anything like that. The women pulled a picture out of her bag.

“Do you know this man?” Bailey clutched Taylor’s hand.

“No, I don’t know any of this! Danny is a good man.” I walked down the stairs making everyone look at me.

“Ana, get back upstairs. I’ll be there in a minute.” I swallowed nervously. The man stood up and looked at me.

“I’m Special Agent Garrett Donohue, and this is Special Agent Grace McCloud.” I nodded and folded my arms as Agent Donohue showed me his badge. “We’re with NCIS. Do you know Staff Sergeant Miller?” I nodded.