Chapter Three

When we got to the beach Matty instantly clutched my leg as my mother got out of the car. Danny grabbed our stuff silently. I held my bag taking Matty’s hand as he watched my mother walk ahead of us. “Danny!” A voice called as we hit the beach. Mr. Andrews came jogging over smiling at us. “Right on time.” He laughed.

“Good to see you again.” Danny smiled at him as a beautiful woman came walking over. “Hello Bailey.” He smiled hugging her. “How have you been?” I watched as my mother folded her arms glaring at Bailey.

“I’ve been great. Who’s this?” Danny turned to look at us.

“My new wife Diana and my new step-daughter Anastasia.” He smiled at her as I pulled my glasses off and put them on top of my head. She put her hand out to shake my mother’s hand. My mother huffed and walked towards the area she wanted to sit in. “Ana, this is Bailey, Taylor’s wife.” I shook her hand.

“Nice to meet you, Mrs. Andrews.” Matty tugged at my dress.

“Come on, cut the talk. I want to go swimming.” He said pouting at me.

“Alright, alright. Let me go put my stuff down and I’ll take you.” He sighed crossing his arms glaring at his father.

“Will you calm down, you little brat.” Danny laughed messing with Matty’s hair. I put my bag down by where the Andrews had set up their chairs.

“Annie hurry!” He said as his father put on his goggles. “I want to go in!” He huffed at me.

“I’m coming, you butthead.”

“Sunscreen, Matthew.” Danny said as I rubbed my sunscreen on my tattoos. I laughed as Matty smacked at Danny.

“No more, no more.” He pouted glaring at him. “I want to swim.”

“Come on, Bub.” He took my hand running off making me stumble after him. He picked up a seashell running around the shore playing in the little waves that smacked at his feet. I sat on the wet sand and watched him as he splashed the water before sitting down and digging into the sand with his shell.

“You’re Gunny Miller’s new daughter, right?” I looked up as a girl smiled at me. She’s beautiful. Dark sandy hair and green eyes. She grinned at me sitting down as I nodded. “Avery Jamie Andrews, but everyone calls me AJ. You?” I shook her out stretched hand.

“Anastasia Miller, but everyone calls me Ana.” I smiled waving back at Matty as he waved at me happily.

“Nice to meet you.” I looked over at her.  “So…” She looked behind her grimacing. I followed her eyes to see my mother watching us with a scowl. “Is she always like this?” She asked frowning. I sighed.

“Sadly.” I frowned. “I’m sorry if she said anything mean to you.” She shook her head.

“Not your fault.” She looked back at me as I rubbed the sand off my skin. “So, how do you like Hawaii so far?” AJ asked smiling at me.

“It’s good. I mean I just moved here yesterday, but it’s nice.” I laughed as Matty came running over to me.

“Annie, hold this.” He said shoving shells at me before running back to the water giggling.

“AJ!” I looked over as a damn hot man came jogging over. “Hey girl.” He smiled sitting next to her. He pulled ran a hand through his hair before putting his arm over her shoulders.  He is tall dark and handsome. He has dark eyes, dark hair, and tanned skin with a 6 pack to match.

“Ana this is Tyler, my best friend. Ty, Ana is Gunny Miller’s new daughter.” Tyler moved to look at me giving me his free hand to shake.

“Nice to meet you.” I nodded at him rubbing the sand off of Matty’s shells. AJ frowned looking at me.