Chapter Nineteen

I looked over at the door as Matty walked into the room and rubbed his eyes. “Hey, Buddy what’s wrong?” I asked as Bailey zipped up my dress.

“My tummy hurts.” He sighed as he lifted his arms up towards me. I lifted him up and he put his head down on my shoulder.

“It does?” He nodded as I rubbed his back. I looked over at Bailey as she put her make-up away. “How about you lay down in bed and I put a movie on in there for you?” He whimpered softly.

“Come put him in Conrad’s room. He’ll be more comfortable.” Bailey said and put her hand on my shoulder. “I’ll go get the room ready.” I nodded rocking Matty gently placing a kiss on his head.

“Do you want something to eat?” He pulled back to look at me before he shook his head.

“It hurts.” He whimpered as he put his head back down.

“My poor baby.” I sighed put my head on top of his. I walked towards the room Matty was in before, Finn’s brother, Conrad’s room. “Do you want me to get you anything?” He shook his head again. I looked at Bailey as she tucked the sheets into the mattress as she changed the sheets. “Maybe I should stay with him tonight.” I sighed as I rubbed his back. I put him onto the bed and wrapped him in a quilt. He had that look on his face when you just know he’s getting sick. I kissed his head and stroked his hair.

“I’ll stay with him. You go out and have fun. I’ll give him some children’s Tylenol and make him some dinner.” I nodded pulled the other blanket over him.

“Sing me to sleep, Sissy.” He mumbled at me as I turned the lamp on and shut off the big light. I stroked his hair again as I hummed to him. “Sing.” He grunted, his eyes getting heavy. I didn’t know what to sing.

“You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are grey. You’ll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don’t take my sunshine away.” I smiled as his eyed drooped, too heavy to keep open much longer. “Please don’t take my sun shine away.” I’ve known this song by heart for years. I used to sing it to Ryder every night to make him fall asleep. Matty reminds me so much of him. I smiled at his peaceful face as I closed the door behind me as I left.

“You have a beautiful voice.” Bailey smiled at me. I haven’t sang to anyone since Ryder died. I never wanted to.

“Thank you.” I smiled at her as I walked back into Finn’s room. I put in my earrings and put my bangles on.

“Finnley’s here, Ana.” I took a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror. I wore a pretty black dress that AJ is letting me borrow. It wrapped tightly around my boobs and my ribs before going into loose fabric that fell perfectly onto my thigh. I had a pair of black chandelier earrings that fell onto my shoulders. I messed with the bangles on my wrist before putting on more lip gloss. I can do this. I fixed my bun as I walked out with my clutch. Taylor smiled at me as I walked towards him. “You look beautiful.” He said spinning me around to get a good look at me.

“Thank you.” I looked over at Finn as he stared at me wide eyed. Fin looked amazing himself. He was in a dress shirt and khakis. He had the top couple buttons undone so you can see the dark ink that was on his hard, muscular chest that made me want to run my hand over it going down the soft skin till-, Taylor cleared his throat making Finn and me blink wildly to clear our minds.

“Sorry, you look amazing.” He smiled giving me a kiss. He lifted the flowers he had in his hands and handed them to me. “For you.” I took them into my hand and smelled them.

“They’re my favorite. How did you know?” I love Calla lilies and red roses. They always make me smile.

“A little birdy told me.” Bailey walked over to me took the flowers.