Chapter Twenty-Six

Zander was able to get me a flight to Texas for the weekend. I was packing my bag when Finn sighed putting down my Rubik's cube. “What?” I asked him looking up from my bag.

“I just don’t see why you have to do this alone.” I sat next to him as he gave me that ‘I’m upset’ look.

“It’s just something I have to do by myself.” He put his head on my shoulder grunting.

“I can give you space. I don’t like you going off to another state, flying across another country, without me.” He clutched me tighter to him.

“I’ll only be 8 hours away.” He pouted to me making me kiss his out stretched lip.

“By plane.” He snuggled his face into my shoulder. I stroked his head.

“I need to do this Finn and I need to do it by alone. It’s just something I have to do.” He pulled back to look at me.

“I know that, Ana. I just want to protect you, from everything.” I stroked his cheek giving him a sad smile.

“I’m sorry. It would be better if you stayed here. It’ll only be for a couple days.”

“Pinky promise?” He held up his big hand putting his pinky out.

“Pinky promise.” I locked my pinky with his as he pulled my hand to his mouth and kissed it.

“I don’t want you to go.” He sighed rubbing my hand, obviously not done with this conversation like I thought we were.

“Finnley.” I sighed looking at him sadly. “Please don’t do this.” He took a deep breath pulling me to him.

“I can’t help it. I want you all to myself. I don’t want to share you with anyone. Especially with someone who used to sleep with you.” I grunted at him.

“Dammit Finn. Why do you have to bring that shit up?” I said sitting up.

“Because I’m pissed at what he did to you. He took away your innocence, Ana.” I put my face into my hands.

“I wasn’t innocent, Finn. I was already tainted when I met him. He had nothing to do with me losing my innocence.” I could feel his breathing stop.

“Ana…” I looked over to him. His face had gone white.

“I don’t want to talk about this. I’m going to be late for my flight.” I pulled my hand out of his now weak grasp and got off the bed. I picked up my bag and shoved the rest of my picked out cloths into the bag and left him lying there, still on the bed, completely frozen. I put my bag down on the counter and rubbed my face roughly trying to think clearly.

“Hey, Kid.” I looked up as Danny walked into the kitchen grabbing an apple out of the fruit bowl.

“Hey, are you ready to go?” I asked him trying to clear my head. He cocked his head to the side.

“Your flight is not until later tonight. It’s still early.” He said biting his apple.

“I want to get there early so I’m prepared to go right away.” He gave me a suspicious look.

“Don’t you want to say bye to Finn? His family?” I shook my head.

“I already did. Can we please go?” He nodded.

“Let me just grab my keys. Go put your stuff into the car.” I grabbed my bag and walked into the living room kissing Matty’s head.

“I’ll see you soon, Bub. Have fun with Nana and Grandpa at the Hotel.” Danny decided that it would be best if everyone was away when he told my mother about the divorce. He’s having my Grandparents take Matty to the Disney Resort here in Aulani, Hawaii. A good hour away from us. You never know what could happen with my mother.