Chapter Six

“So do you have your license, Ana?” Fin asked as he opened the door.

“Yeah, I’ve had it for a year now.” I moved my bag on my shoulder as he closed the door behind him.

“And you still walked here?” He asked taking my bag off my shoulder looking at me.

“I enjoy walking.” I shrugged. Fin took my hand pulling me close to him. “It clears my head.”

“Are you enjoying living in Hawaii?” I shrugged.

“It’s nice and all but…” He looked at me his eye brows coming together. “I’m tired of moving.” I pulled at the sleeves of my hoodie so they covered my hands in the early morning air.

“You move a lot?” I frowned at him.

“Yeah, something like that.” I put my hands in my pockets. I could feel his eyes on me as I continued to walk to the house, a blanket of silence falling on us.

“So I was thinking. I know I woke you up in the middle of the night. Let me make it up to you.”

“You don’t have to.” I smiled at him. “I’m used to getting woken up randomly in the middle of the night. Let it be by some random hot guy or someone I’ve known for a while.”

“We don’t need to be strangers.” I intertwined our fingers smiling weakly at him.

“I barely know you.” He stopped putting his free hand to my cheek.

“Get to know me then.” He ran his thumb back and forth over my cheek. “I want to get to know you.”

“I’m not good for you.” I shook my head. He gave me a smile that made my knees weak.

“Let me figure that out for myself.” He whispered making me close my eyes leaning into him. “Let me take you out.” I nodded feeling the warm trail Fin’s fingers are leaving on my cheeks.

“Okay.” Fin kissed my head “Tomorrow?” He nodded.

“I’ll pick you up. I’ll call you.” I smiled at him as he handed me my bag.

“Bye, Fin.” He winked at me.

“I’ll call you soon.” I walked into the house to see Danny sitting in the kitchen.

“Morning, Danny.” I smiled at him making him put down the newspaper and look at me.

“Someone’s happy this morning.” I opened the fridge and pulled out the orange juice. “Did you have a good time?”

“Yeah, it was nice to just spend a night laughing.” I poured myself a glass taking a sip.

“I’m glad you had a good night.” He smiled at me as Matty came running in with a toy.

“Hey, Bud.” I smiled messing his hair as he made a circle around the kitchen table making a ‘zoom’ sound as he went.

“We need to go shopping so do what you got to do, and be prepared.” I raised my eye brow at him putting my glass in the sink.

“Oh?” He nodded taking a sip of his coffee picking up his newspaper again.

“School’s coming up for the both of you. You both will need school supplies and clothes.” I nodded.

“Let me shower and I’ll be ready.” I went quick changing into a long sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans.  I pulled my hair into a braid as I walked out of my bedroom. “I’m ready.” I smiled putting on my sunglasses.

“Alright brat, drop the toy, we’re going out.” Danny smiled sweeping Matty up into his arms. “Come Matt.” He put on his sunglasses and smiled at me. “You’re going to help me with this right?” Danny asked as he pulled out of the drive way handing me the list.