To the moon

Arizona: Can I have a new glass of wine?
Y/n: I think you had enough. The dinner was absolutely amazing like always.
Arizona: Please I want more.
Y/n: Why did you even start drinking without me?
Arizona: Because I was thirsty.
Y/n: You never drink this much when you're on your own. Hey babe, please tell me, what is going on?
Arizona: Nothing.
Y/n: We promised to never shut each other out. Whatever it is, you can always talk to me. So please look at me, what is going on?
Arizona: You will hate me. I'm so sorry.
Y/n: Come here sit in my lap. What is it?
Arizona: When I got home there was a letter.
Y/n: Okay, what was it about?
Arizona: First you need to know that I love you so much.
Y/n: I know that Zona and I love you.

She cupped your face with her hands and crashed your lips together with hers. She pulled away after second and looked deep into your eyes.

Arizona: They've chosen me.
Y/n: What do you mean?
Arizona: They picked my project, I got the Carter Madison grant. I will go to Africa.
Y/n: That's amazing news, so why do you seem upset about it that you got yourself all worked up and drunk?
Arizona: I have to leave next week and will be there for a year. I can't leave you. You are mad, aren't you?
Y/n: Of course I'm not mad at you. I'm so proud of you and support all of it.
Arizona: But what about us?
Y/n: I will miss having you always next to me and seeing that smile of yours or having a kiss when I want. On the other side, we can always text or call and a year will be over before we know it. I will talk to Bailey and see if I can come with you for some months.
Arizona: You really want to do that?
Y/n: Yes, it will benefit my education and I can learn so much. I also think they would be happy with more doctors.
Arizona: You really don't know how happy you make me each day.
Y/n: That's all I want for you, to be happy.
Arizona: Can we go to bed?
Y/n: Lets get you to bed my lady. I will talk to Bailey tomorrow.
Arizona: You are the best. I love you so so much.

The next morning
Miranda: What is it you want? You sounded serious on the phone.
Arizona: You know that I applied for the Carter Madison grant?
Miranda: I remember that. What about it?
Arizona: They picked my proposal. They want me working there.
Miranda: That's amazing, you can be really proud of yourself. You deserve it, although I will miss you working here.
Arizona: I will miss it here aswel.
Miranda: When will you leave?
Arizona: Next week already. It will be a project for a year.
Miranda: That's so soon. I will make sure everything is arranged. Go and safe the tiny humans over there.
Arizona: Thank you Miranda. I will make sure I will leave my patients behind in good hands.

Arizona walked out Bailey's office and you were waiting as you were about to go in next to talk with Bailey.

Y/n: So how did it go?
Arizona: Good, she is really happy for me, but will miss me here.
Y/n: Everyone will miss you here, because you are the best surgeon we have.
Arizona: That's not true, we have Derek and Meredith. They are like famous.
Y/n: So what? You are a super surgeon and everyone loves you. Only I love you more.

You gave Arizona a kiss on the cheek before you knocked on the door of Bailey's office.

Arizona: I love you so much.
Miranda: Sorry, but y/n you can come in.
Y/n: Hi, dr. Bailey.
Miranda: I have an idea what this is about.
Y/n: It's about Arizona, I want to come with her. Not just only to be with her, but to help out in Malawi and to learn more about peds surgery.
Miranda: I understand. So did you make a choice what specialty you like the most?
Y/n: I enjoy peds the most, because working with kids is so special and magical. Still trauma is a big love, but I prefer peds.
Miranda: I will support you and you can learn the most from dr. Robbins, but I can't let you go for a year as you have to learn about more specialties. You have to be here in this program to be the best surgeon you can be.
Y/n: I understand that dr. Bailey. My proposal is to go with Arizona for three months and to help out those kids.
Miranda: You know what, I support it. You can go and safe those kids in Africa. Make me proud dr. Sloan.
Y/n: Thank you so much dr. Bailey for this opportunity.

The day of the departure
Arizona: Y/n, we are really going to do this.
Y/n: We are Zona. We will make a difference here and help as many kids as we can.
Arizona: I'm so happy and lucky to have you by my side. This makes me even more excited to start working.
Y/n: Maybe we can even do more than just helping out for a year.
Arizona: What do you mean?
Y/n: Maybe we could make a plan to help more kids by getting them to us.
Arizona: How will you do that?
Y/n: That's something I can't answer right now, but I will make a plan when I'm back. It's your dream to help as many tiny humans  as you can and if I can help and support you with it than I will.
Arizona: I love you so much.
Y/n: I love you too Zona. Lets start working.

You've been in Malawi for three months and you will fly back to Seattle tomorrow. Together with Arizona you saved around 30 tiny humans during those months.

Arizona: I don't want you to go.
Y/n: I don't want to leave you, but we will speak each other every day. We will text and call as many times as we can.
Arizona: I know, but it's nothing compared to having you next to me in bed at night.
Y/n: I know that, but you are living your dream Zona. Time goes by fast and you just need to blink and those 9 months have passed.
Arizona: You always know what to say. Can we have one more night together? Just the two of us?
Y/n: We can, there is no one in this world that I want to be with besides you.

You gave her a kiss on her cheek before laying down in the grass with Arizona leaning her head on your chest.

Arizona: Look at the stars. This is a magical night. Oh promise me to text me as soon as you get back in Seattle. I need to know if you are safe.
Y/n: I will. Come here, lets lay here in the grass and look at the stars and the moon all night long.
Arizona: I don't want you to go already.
Y/n: I don't want to leave you, but whenever you look up to the stars, think about me looking up at the same stars. I love you to the moon and back.

The next day you got back to Seattle and had an easy flight. It's been a month and you were at work.

Mark: Hey sis, how are you?
Y/n: I'm fine Mark, I just miss Arizona.
Mark: I know you miss her sis. She misses you probably just as much.
Y/n: We talk every day, but it's not the same as having her around. It's only been a month without her. She still has to be there for 8 more months.
Mark: Come and have dinner with me and Lexie tonight.
Y/n: I would love that. Thank you Mark, love you.

You did rounds with Hunt when you finally had time for lunch.

Jo: Okay, I've decided to move in with Alex.
Stephanie: That's great news.
Jo: So I heard something this morning that you want to know.
Y/n: Spill it Jo.
Jo: I heard dr. Bailey and dr. Webber talking this morning about Leah. She will probably come back at this program.
Y/n: What?!?
Jo: They will let her out of jail, because of great behavior. She will work here, but isn't aloud near Arizona. It's like the same for you and Callie.
Stephanie: About Callie and you, it's getting better right?
Y/n: It is. She is really trying to make it up to me.
Jo: So what will you do when Leah really comes back.
Y/n: Nothing much, I will try to ignore her as much as I can, but if she gets near Arizona I will definitely hit her with a brick or something.

You finished your shift and took a shower at home before you go to Mark and Lexie. When you walked out the bathroom into the bedroom you saw your phone light up.

Text
Zona❤️😍: Hey you, can you call?
Y/n: Give me 5 minutes, I will call you😘
Zona❤️😍: Okay, love you💋
Y/n: Love you too💕

You quickly changed and called Arizona.

On the phone
Y/n: Hey you, how are you?
Arizona: Good, but I miss you so much.
Y/n: I miss you too, I'm thinking about you a lot when I'm home alone. Can we change to facetime?
Arizona: Yes we can. I would love to see your pretty face.
Y/n: Much better. I wished I was with you right now so I could kiss you.
Arizona: Me too babe. So I heard the new peds attending is horrible.
Y/n: He is. He doesn't let us learn that much or help out. We only can do charts or look at his post ops.
Arizona: Oh that sucks for real. Y/n, I don' t know if this is working.
Y/n: What do you mean?
Arizona: Being here without you. I'm not enjoying this as much as I should. It was better when you were here. Oh crap, I have to go, bursting appendix coming in. I love you.
Y/n: I love you too Zona.