Afraid of the dark

Arizona: I'm fine. It's nothing.
Y/n: That was not nothing by the look on your face.
Arizona: Aaah, okay that hurts.
Y/n: What is this Arizona?
Arizona: I don't know, but that one did actually hurt.
Y/n: I'll page Carina. We need her to get at look at what is going on with you.

You paged Carina and she told you to come immediately to the OB floor. You got to the room and Carina checked everything.

Carina: Okay, nothing is wrong. This is something beautiful Bambina.
Arizona: Beautiful? This hurts so much!
Y/n: Carina, my wife is in pain and you call that beautiful?!?
Carina: Calm down, both of you. Arizona this can hurt, but this is the baby kicking around.
Arizona: The baby is kicking?
Carina: Yes. Nothing to worry about.
Y/n: Little bubba is just playing and kicking?
Carina: Yes, the first few times can hurt, but the more it happend the less it will hurt.
Arizona: I never felt this the first time. The baby is kicking y/n. You need to feel this.

Arizona got your hand on her belly and you could feel the baby kicking really hard.

Y/n: Oh this was a hard kick. Little peanut is so strong.

You kissed Arizona's temple and held her hand tight in yours. You looked at her and the belly and slowly got tears in your eyes.

Arizona: Hey don't cry.
Y/n: I'm sorry, this is just a lot. I feel our baby kicking Arizona.
Carina: I had a look and this is a very strong baby in there. I will see you for your next scan in a few weeks. Enjoy this moment together.
Arizona: Thank you Carina.

Carina left and the two of you stayed for a few more minutes. You got paged so you had to go and Arizona was on her way to the ER to tell April what happened.

Jo's pov
She was standing in the elevator waiting for it to open and when it did she saw someone standing in front of her, she wished she never had to see ever again.

Paul: Hello love. How are you?
Jo: Not good, now I see you.
Paul: So, not happy to see me?
Jo: No this can't be happening.
Arizona: Oh hey, are you the dr. Stadler?
Paul: I'm him.
Arizona: Unbelievable. It's an honor to meet you. I'm dr. Arizona Robbins.
Paul: It is nice to meet you dr. Robbins.
Jo: I can't believe this:
Paul: So, how are you?
Jo: I have to go.

Jo ran away to find you. She saw you walking out a patient room and when you saw her, you knew something was wrong.

Y/n: Slow down. Did you saw him again?
Jo: He was right in my face when I walked out of the elevator.
Y/n: What did he say?
Jo: He was happy to see me again, but your wife made it even harder.
Y/n: Wait, why?
Jo: She was all perky and was fangirling over him.
Y/n: Oh that made it even more difficult.
Jo: Yes, can I stay with you tonight?
Y/n: I think that won't be a problem, but can we tell Arizona what is going on?
Jo: Yes that's fine.
Amelia: I'm sorry to interrupt, but y/n you have to come with me. It's Arizona.
Jo: Where is Arizona?
Amelia: She is in trauma room 1.
Y/n: Who is with her? What is going on Amelia?
Amelia: I don't know what is going on, but she is in a lot of pain. Dr. Boswell and dr. Mills are with her at the moment. I paged Carina 911 she should be there any second.
Y/n: I have to go.
Jo: We will come with you.

You ran down to the ER and bursted through the doors of the trauma room.

Y/n: I'm here, you can both leave.
Regina: Calm down Sloan, we were just helping.
Y/n: We don't need your help! Carina will be here any second.
Lauren: Y/n listen to us. We saw what happened. She was in pain and when I came to ask her what was going on she passed out.
Y/n: Babe, I'm here and I'm not going anywhere.
Lauren: We will leave, but if you need us, just page.
Y/n: Uhm thank you both for staying with here.
Arizona: Y/n, it hurts so much. I can't take this anymore.
Y/n: Let me cuddle you, it will help while we wait for Carina.

After a few minutes Carina ran in and started immediately to exam Arizona.

Y/n: So, Carina do you know what's going on?
Arizona: Y/n, it hurts so much. Please hold my hand.
Carina: Arizona you have a fever and an infection. Together it makes you experience this pain.
Y/n: Can you do anything about it? How is the baby?
Carina: I will get you on antibiotics and you have to stay here at least a day so I can see if it all helps. The baby is all good, but we have to wait if the infection stops. If not, it can make the baby sick.
Arizona: Carina, can you make sure y/n can stay here aswel?
Carina: I will Arizona. Can I do something else for you right now?
Arizona: I'm just little thirsty at the moment.
Y/n: I will get water. Carina, can you stay with her for a second?
Carina: Of course I can.
Y/n: I will be right back. Love you.

You jumped off the bed and gave Arizona a peck on the lips before walking towards the door if the room.

Arizona: I love you too babe.

You walked out the room and Arizona turned to face Carina.

Arizona: Uhm okay Carina, now be honest with me. What is going on with me?
Carina: There's nothing more to tell.
Arizona: I don't believe you. We are talking about our baby. If I lose this baby, I'm afraid I will lose y/n.
Carina: That girl loves you so much. She would never leave you. The way she looks at you, I've never seen someone looking at someone else like that.
Arizona: I never told y/n this, but I'm so scared. I'm scared every second of the day that something is wrong with the baby or that I will mess it up being pregnant.
Carina: Talk to y/n about this. I think you should enjoy your pregnancy more. All the stress is not helping.
Arizona: I just don't want to disappoint y/n.
Y/n: You will never disappoint me Arizona.
Carina: Tell her and enjoy these months.
Y/n: What do you want to share with me?
Arizona: I love you so much, but I'm scared to lose this baby and that you would leave me when that happens.
Y/n: Listen carefully. I would never ever leave you and this baby will be healthy and loved.
Arizona: Carina thinks that I'm like this and passed out because of the stress.
Y/n: Let me stress about everything and you only need to enjoy everything about our little bubba.

Arizona stayed in the hospital for three days and she felt much better. You hadn't heard from Paul since Jo ran into him. She decided to tell Meredith aswel as you were busy with Arizona and the baby.

Arizona: I can walk by myself y/n.
Y/n: I know you can, but I have to take you to the car in the wheelchair.
Arizona: Uhm okay. Can we have a movie night when we get home?
Y/n: Of course we can and what do you want for dinner?
Arizona: I would love some Mexican food.
Y/n: I will make sure you get some Mexican my love.
Jo: Y/n, Arizona, are you leaving?
Arizona: Yes, I just got discharged. We were on our way home.
Jo: I just wanted to tell you that I will sign the divorce papers today.
Y/n: That's great news. Then you can finally leave the past behind you.
Arizona: Y/n, Jo, he's walking in our direction.