With or without you

Arizona: Finally we are home. It's been such a long week. First week of your fellowship, how did it go?
Y/n: Dr. Mills is giving me a hard time. I think she doesn't like me. She is being a bitch.
Arizona: That she is being like this, doesn't mean she doesn't like you. Give it some time. She has always been like this.
Y/n: I will, so how was your week being back here?
Arizona: It was good, lots of familiar faces, but it's not like Seattle Grace.
Y/n: What do you mean?
Arizona: Back in Seattle it felt like we were all family. All our friends are there and I miss them. Here, there is more distance between everyone.
Y/n: I miss everyone at Grey Sloan aswel. 
Arizona: It will be alright, because we have each other.
Y/n: That's very true Zona. What would you say if we order Chinese and have a movie night?
Arizona: That's a great idea, I can use a night like that.

You pulled Arizona in for a sweet kiss and it ended in a tight hug, not wanting to let each other go in that moment. Your moment together was interrupted by the sound of a phone going off.

Arizona: Is that my phone?
Y/n: Yes, I guess. Here, it's Derek.

After talking for some minutes Arizona walked back in the living room while you ordered the food.

Y/n: So what did Derek want?
Arizona: They finally finished the research of our plane crash and they want to sit with all of us to discuss what we want to do.
Y/n: It took them some time.
Arizona: Derek asked if we can come back next weekend to discuss it with the others.
Y/n: That's good. We need to ask if we can leave for a few days.
Arizona: Lets talk to the chief and Regina tomorrow when we get to the hospital.
Y/n: What do you think will happen?
Arizona: Honestly I have no idea.
Y/n: I will also be there for Mark, but will you be there for him too? I don't think I can do this on my own.
Arizona: Of course babe. We are always there for each other.
Y/n: I don't know what I would do without you.

You got some time off and just went with the others to the statement. You got back to the hospital to discuss what just happened.

Alex: So how did it go?
Jo: What happened?
Derek: It's good news for us, it's anything but for Seattle Grace.
Jackson: And that means?
Arizona: We've learned learn that we won the lawsuit and are awarded $15 million each, that will be paid from the pocket of the hospital's insurance company.
Y/n: This plane company had a history of mechanical problems, the hospital is found at fault. They knew the history and still let us go on that plane.
Carina: Uhm okay. This is a lot to take in.
April: But each? That money for each of you?
Y/n: Yes, each. It's a lot of money.

Everyone was shocked and while they waited someone came to explain what will happen next. After all the information you just looked at each other not really knowing what happened. As you guys were here for a few days you decided to have dinner with each other before leaving and going back to hopkins.

Once back at Hopkins
Regina: Y/n, I expect more from you tomorrow. You disappointed me today.
Arizona: Y/n are you ready... oh sorry did I interrupt something?
Regina: I was just telling dr. Sloan that she needs to step up her game.
Y/n: I will dr. Mills. I will do better.
Regina: When I heard your mentor was Dr. Robbins I had high expectations, but it's disappointing to see that you aren't nearly as good as she is.
Y/n: I will do better tomorrow.
Regina: Make sure you will, otherwise this fellowship will end.
Arizona: Aren't you a little to hard?
Regina: We just want to help her become the best. Maybe she isn't made for this job.
Arizona: Sorry! What are you talking about? She is the best intern and resident I've ever seen. She is way better than I was. Then we were.
Y/n: Arizona, lets go home please. You don't have to do this.
Arizona: I'm doing this, because it is the truth. What is your problem?
Regina: The only problem is that I don't think she belongs here, but she's your wife. That's why you're sticking up for her.
Arizona: No, that's not the reason Regina. It's because she can become the best surgeon. She is gifted and talented.
Regina: Whatever. I don't see it. So you have one more chance, otherwise your time here at Hopkins is over.

You went home and took a shower while Arizona made some dinner. You were done and walked into the kitchen.

Arizona: Y/n please believe me when I say you are amazing and the best surgeon. Regina is just messing around. She did that when we were residents and clearly she hasn't changed at all.
Y/n: What I don't understand is why you were friends with her? Oh and slept with her?
Arizona: She was always nice to me. I just kinda happened I guess.
Y/n: I just don't see you two being friends. You are so different from what she is.
Arizona: It's a long time ago. I changed too. I'm married to the most amazing girl and are not a party girl anymore. It was such a different time in my life.
Y/n: Honestly I can't imagine you as a party girl.
Arizona: Maybe we should go out soon and see if I still have it in me.
Y/n: Drunk you is funny to see.

You wrapped your arms around her waist from behind and kissed her cheek. Your rested your head on her shoulder while she finished the dinner.

Arizona: I love you so much.
Y/n: I love you too babe.
Arizona: When will we start looking for a donor?
Y/n: Lets have a look this weekend. We are both off right?
Arizona: Yes we have the day off Saturday. Maybe Friday night we can have some drinks.
Y/n: Sounds perfect to me. So we are both okay with you carrying our baby?
Arizona: I will carry our little bubba. I can't wait to start our family together.

Arizona turned around and cupped your face in her hands and gave you a deep kiss that only broke when you needed air.

Arizona: I'm glad I have you with me.
Y/n: You will always have me Zona.

It's been a month and two weeks ago Arizona had the appointment. Arizona already made dinner as she had the day off. You were walking into the apartment when you didn't saw Arizona.

Y/n: Arizona?
Arizona: I'm in the bathroom.
Y/n: Are you okay?
Arizona: Just look for yourself.
Y/n: Is this real? Did it worked?
Arizona: It's positive, so yes it worked I guess.
Y/n: Lets celebrate by ordering Indian.

After the food you went to bed as you had to be at the hospital early in the morning. Arizona woke up, but when she turned around you were not in the bed next to her. She looked up and saw you walking toward the door. When she wanted to say something, you already closed the door and left.

Arizona: Y/n, can we have breakfast? Never mind you're gone.

You wrote a note and had put it on her nightstand. You wrote that you were paged to come and that you love her while she sleeps so peaceful.

Arizona: I hate it when you watch me sleep y/n!