11//kidnapped

edited.

TW: Death of a minor character. 

Hailey regained consciousness in a dark room. She instantly searched herself for her wand out of instinct but conveniently enough, she had forgotten it at home while practicing for DADA. How ironic.

She cursed her stupidity. Hadn't she mocked Natasha for reciting the rules so many times that she had them memorized? And yet here she was. This was karmic justice.

"HELLO!" Hailey called out. "IS ANYONE THERE? WHY HAVE YOU KIDNAPPED ME?"

Nobody answered anything but a woman dressed in all black walked into the cell and punched her in the face.

"Hey, hey, I mean no harm, ma'am," she said waving her arms in surrender. The woman kicked her in the shins without acknowledging her words even a bit.

"Ouch, stop it! I didn't do anything to you," Hailey said clutching her shin. The woman held her shoulder firmly making her stand up and punched her in the stomach. Hailey had enough, she wasn't going to let some bitch beat her up for no apparent reason.

She punched the woman back and kicked her hard in the face. Her years of Quidditch had strengthened her lower body and even more years of weeding Aunt Petunia's garden had strengthened her upper body (she'd never imagined she would ever thank Oliver Wood and Aunt Petunia but here we are,). Plus, Natasha had taught her some pretty good moves. Combine all that with the adrenaline rush and she was a pretty good match for this woman.

The woman managed another good blow in her stomach before Hailey had a chance to dislocate her shoulder. Somehow, that wasn't enough to stop the woman. Her movements were swift and fluid yet had a robotic tone to them. The woman used her other hand to punch Hailey in the nose and Hailey didn't know how she had managed it, maybe it was pure luck but she pushed the woman's leg until she heard a crack. She'd done too much, gone too far with it.

She stepped back as the woman groaned in pain.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she said kneeling beside her. She hoped the leg would be okay, she never meant to seriously injure her. If only she had her wand, she could easily heal the woman's leg.

That's when a fat man dressed in a suit entered. His hairline was just barely holding on, Hailey would consider him bald and he wore glasses with a thick black frame. He reeked so strongly of something that she couldn't pinpoint but it disgusted her to no extent. 

"My! My! Managed to knock down a trained widow without training. Natasha has taught you well but imagine, what you could be with my training," he had a thick Russian accent when he spoke English and he smiled sadistically flashing his yellow teeth. She couldn't pinpoint what it was but being in his proximity made her feel disgusting. 

He pulled out a gun and handed it to her. Hailey knew how to use a gun. Natasha had taught her once, just once.

"I hope you never have to use it," she had said whilst she taught her how to fire at the allocated target.

"Kill her," he said pointing to the woman- her attacker who was now grunting in pain.

"No," Hailey said firmly but her breathing quickened as panic began to rise within her.

The man pulled her hand out and forced the gun into her hands.

"She's weak. Kill her," he said it like it was the most natural, the simplest thing ever.

The woman was sobbing but she didn't complain or even try to stop the man or Hailey for that matter. 

"He's going to kill you! Get up! Help me or he's going to kill you!" she prompted the woman. She paid no heed to Hailey's words but continued sobbing as silently as possible.