29//daredevil

She woke up a few minutes later to Kate frantically sprinkling water on her face. Her eyes opened and she righted herself, her scar still feeling as if it was about to explode.

"Are you okay?! Hailey! Jeez! I was so worried, you have no idea! Are you alright!?" Kate asked.

"I am fine," Hailey said getting back to her feet.

"What happened? You were screaming, holding your forehead. It looked like it hurt a lot," Kate said.

"It's nothing, sometimes I get these pains. I will explain it to you later," Hailey said to Kate and Kate chose not to question her further.

Hailey then frantically searched the file of that particular Red Room Affiliate and found nothing but the longest list of atrocious crimes.

"Who even is she? That is the longest list I have ever seen," Kate said. Hailey tried blurring out the long list unsuccessfully. Some of the crimes were unimaginable like the bombing of a Refugee Camp. who could ever do something like that?

Hailey did not have time to dig further, she closed the notepad and pocketed it in her robe as she heard several trucks pull in.

"No one is supposed to be in this building I am pretty sure," Kate said.

They tiptoed out of the office down the stairwell and out a side entrance. Kate took a quick glance over and sighed in relief.

"It is just shipment delivery," Kate said. Hailey looked over and saw a car she recognized but the car disappeared as she blinked so she did not mention it.

They hurried down an alleyway somewhat relaxed. This was pretty easy-

A man came out of nowhere and attacked them. Hailey thought at first they were being mugged in the dark alleyway but that was obviously not the case as the man was uninterested in anything valuable. 

The man donned in a red suit was swift with his moves and much more skillful than Hailey and Kate combined. She needed her magic but she was still recovering from that nightmare.

There was not enough distance between them for her to pull out her wand and she did not have the mental capacity right now to use wandless magic.

He seemed to be after Kate so Hailey attacked him from behind. He threw Kate away and was about to throw a punch to Hailey's face when they both stopped.

"SHIT!" he swore and Hailey was inclined to agree. 

"It's a fucking kid. How old are you?" he asked.

Hailey looked over to Kate who was still down from the previous attack. Her heartbeat quickened as she debated whether to lie or tell the truth.

"18," Hailey said.

"What are you two doing here today?" he asked. Hailey tried to find a way to knock this creepy man off her.

"We just came by to-" Hailey tried not to look that way as Kate got up and smacked a nearby brick on the man's head. The man stopped it, almost predicting it.

"Who's there?" A man- most likely the truck driver called out from the direction of the office. This was their chance to call for help and Hailey was about to take it but the man covered both their mouths and moved them out of sight.

Both Hailey and Kate struggled simultaneously in the dark.

"Jesus, calm down. I am not going to hurt you if you just cooperate," the man said.

"WHY WOULD WE COOPERATE WITH YOU," Hailey yelled or at least wanted to yell but the man's hand was still over her mouth.

As Murphy's law first law states: Everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Today was nothing short of a fucking nightmare.