NYA

A/N: This is my first fanfiction (go easy on me). Please, feel free to give feedback or let me know if I made a grammar or spelling error. 

Chapter titles are the POV. 

This story takes place shortly after the event of The Hands of Time. 

Thanks for reading!

 ~

Nya crouched down, her back pressed against the wall, waiting for Lloyd's signal. She took a deep breath. The thugs terrorizing the small village should be an easy mission. Still, Lloyd insisted the entire team came. It was good practice as they hadn't had any major problems since Aconix and Krux attacked. 

Nya's knuckles were turning white from her tight grip on her spear. The other reason everyone was present was in case they found Master Wu.

Nya forced her sadness downward. Right now she had to focus. Not worry about her missing Master. 

By her side, Kai began to twitch. Waiting never came easy to him. Kai muttered under his breath about Lloyd taking forever to give them the signal to attack. Nya looked over her shoulder and peered out from her hiding spot. Cole must've been thinking the same as Nya as he peered from his spot as well. Zane was with Cole, but he had no issue hiding behind a rock and waiting for Lloyd.

 The Green Ninja was standing a few leagues away from a gang of thieves. He was wearing a hood to disguise himself. 

The low-life thieves were discussing which innocent citizen they wanted to intimidate. They'd do anything to steal a few coins. . Nya quietly growled at the crooks. She hated thugs who took advantage of innocent people.

Finally, the thugs pointed at a farmer passing by. The six criminals shouted at their chosen victim. Nya's adrenaline kicked in when she heard Lloyd yell to get the thugs' attention. Kai shot to his feet but didn't jump out as Lloyd hadn't uttered the signal yet. Nya closed her eyes and listened to the usual exchange of banter between the bad guys and the heroes. Her eyes sprung open upon hearing Lloyd shout: "Ninja Go!" 

She jumped out of her hiding place, along with her fellow ninja. Her team had the thugs surrounded.

 "Zane! Get the citizens to safety!" Lloyd ordered. Zane ushered the farmer to safety. 

Kai was the first to charge. Nya noticed the poor choice of Kai's recklessness, as the thugs sidestepped the attack that Kai had called out. Nya reacted. She pounced upon the closest thugs that evaded Kai's attack. She used the blunt end of her spear to push him toward Kai who already recovered from his fleeting attack. He swung his sword at the criminal. 

Lloyd continued to shout orders. She heard all of her friends' names called out: Kai, Cole, Jay.

 However, she only reacted when she heard her name called: "Nya! Don't let any of these criminals escape!" 

Nya stepped back to see the entire scene unfold. Her mind started to locate each of the six crooks. 

Cole punched one of them, sending him flying towards Nya. She jumped backwards as he crashed in front of her. She searched her surroundings for something to detain the criminal. A rope was lying on the ground, a few paces away from Cole. 

"Cole!" she called pointing to the rope. While Cole dived towards the rope, Nya summoned water to create a wall to stop a fleeing thug. 

Another thug raised his weapon towards Cole, who had the rope in his hands. The thug swung his blade. Lloyd jumped forward and locked blades with the thug. Cole thanked him and threw the rope to Nya.