RHYS

A/N I should get a second chapter out today as well. I hate releasing chapters from my OC perspective by themselves. No one wants to read about my OCs. They're here for the ninja (that's why I'm here anyway). 

These perspectives only exist for story purposes. I originally wasn't going to have any chapters from Rhys's perspective but found it made the story a lot harder to understand. He's an exposition dump character. I try to keep these chapters as short as possible. This one's a little longer because Jay makes an appearance and steals the show. 

(Complete side note: So far, I've written 5627 words from Nya's perspective, 5176 from Kai's, 4319 from Rhys's, and 9325 from Jay's. HMMMM, I wOnDEr WhO mY FaVouRiTE cHaRActEr iS?)

But I did enjoy Jay's interaction with the bad guys in this chapter. (shout out to Jay for having chemistry with every character he's ever exchanged dialogue with. He doesn't get enough credit for his superhuman people skills.) 

Anyways, I'll release Nya's chapter the second I'm done editing so you can read about the characters you actually care about. 

Doctor Kirk and Rhys weaved through the tunnels to avoid crossing paths with the ninja. They circled around and came up outside the compound. Then they went to the Conference Room.

Doctor Kirk went to work drawing up plans for his device. He only had a notepad to write on. So he filled up pages and pages of information. It took a few minutes before Doctor Kirk had finished relaying all the information he desired. He handed the notepad to Rhys. All the scribbles drawn on that paper meant nothing to Rhys. But he was to hand the notepad off to a clan member that could understand the plan. They'd start work on the machine, while Doctor Kirk began running tests on the Master of Lightning.

Rhys delivered the notes to a clan member who always helps Doctor Kirk with his machinery. That's when Rhys learned that the setup for Kirk's plan involved working with the existing wires in the tunnel. A dangerous feat... they'd have to shut off all power for a few minutes to set up such a device. Rhys did not want to risk electrocuting a Clan Member. However, in the end, Rhys gave into Doctor Kirk's will. He trusted Doctor Kirk to know best.

Then Rhys went back to the Observational Room. He turned on the computer and pulled up security footage. Rhys sifted through the various cameras to find one that observed the two Elemental Masters wandering through the tunnel. Rhys bit his cheeks. This was too risky. If the other ninja saved the Master of Lightning, the Dragon Clan would be over.

The Elemental Masters were wandering in the dark, all the while, the Dragon Clan were building a machine in the tunnel. Sure, the tunnels were vast and confusing. But if the ninja found the machine or the Master of Lightning, it would be over. The footage was anxiety-inducing to watch, but it was important.

After half an hour, it must've been time to turn on the machine, because Doctor Kirk barged into the room, radio to his mouth, relaying instructions. He was wearing a tool belt. In the belt, there was a flashlight, screwdrivers, and pliers. And of course, a taser the Doctor built himself. Doctor Kirk gazed at the screen.

On the screen, Soren was walking the Master of Lightning to his cell.

"Cut power now," he commanded once he saw the other two Elemental Masters weren't near Soren and the Master of Lightning.

The lights flickered and died. Then the computer shut off.

"Are you confident you can do this? That nindroid looks complicated," Rhys said.

"So does a man," Doctor Kirk said, "But they too fall when you push the right buttons."

"If this doesn't work-"