NYA

A/N This chapter marks the halfway point!

 Imma be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the middle of this story. Do you ever read through your writing and think 'Did I really write that? Yikes!' That's how I feel right now. Lowkey, not very happy with my story. 

But I do love the ending of his story. And I love my Kai moments (is that narcissistic? To love the character moments I wrote?) This chapter especially is a big turning point for his character (although it is subtle...) Jay is my favourite character but he's such a downer in this story that it's a slog to write about him.

 I'll keep uploading, though. For Kai and the ending of the story. 

Anyways, I'm super tired from a busy day and a little discouraged by my story. Sorry if that reflects in the edit. I'll do better next time, I promise!

Thank you for reading! 

"That doesn't make any sense," Nya said.

P.I.X.A.L.'s completed analysis must be wrong. According to P.I.X.A.L.'s diagnosis, electricity was being outputted from an unknown source. It was radiating through the Bounty's wiring. Then being released into the air, flowing towards Okuura. She claimed that the excess power was from Elemental Power. Which was impossible.

"But Jay's not here," Kai said, "That's the whole thing right now." He was leaning against the control panel on the bridge. Nya paced the length of the control panel trying to come up with any practical solution for P.I.X.A.L.'s claim.

"He must be, according to my analysis," P.I.X.A.L. said firmly.

"Except he's not!" Nya repeated, "Could the surge be some other electrical output?"

"No. Jay's lightning has a specific electromagnetic reading that differs from any other I've encountered. Jay must be outputting the electricity that is causing my glitches. He must've gotten on the Bounty while we were stopped over Hiroshi's Labyrinth. Why he's choosing to overload the system is beyond me."

"And he's what? Hiding? Waiting for us to find him?" Nya threw her hands up in the air.

"If he decided to prank us now, while we're all going insane worrying and trying to find him, I might throw him overboard," Kai said.

Nya pressed her hand to her earpiece.

"Cole, can you keep a lookout for a mischievous little brat? We have reason to think he might've stowed away on board," Nya said, beginning to believe that Jay was really on board. He wouldn't intentionally hide. But he might've gotten hurt and not been able to get anywhere. Or his inner turmoil got the better of him.

"Are you talking about Timmy?" Cole responded.

"P.I.X.A.L. thinks Jay stowed away while we were at Hiroshi's Labyrinth," Kai said.

"He knows he doesn't have to stow away, right?" Cole said.

"Impossible," Lloyd chimed in, "I saw Jay in Okuura. I talked to him. I had to go find Zane during the communication troubles, and when I came back, Jay was gone. That's when Zane told me that he heard where they were taking Jay. It'd be impossible for Jay to be on the Bounty."

"Then what is causing Jay's Lightning to surge through the Bounty? I've had to be clever with rerouting power so as to not overload my system," P.I.X.A.L. said.

"Can you trace what's causing the output?" Nya asked.

"The sheer amount of electricity is too overwhelming to distinguish on origin. I'd need an outside perspective, someone to look over the wiring manually," P.I.X.A.L. said.