JAY

Who could've predicted it: Jay's day got even worse! After being dragged out of the forest, he was thrown in the back of a van. He lost track of time as the van drove. Jay didn't know where he was when the van rolled to a stop. Then the back opened, flooding his surroundings with sunlight.

A young man with a serious expression jumped in the van. He took out a pocket knife and cut the ropes around Jay's feet.

"Can you get these ones too," Jay said, wiggling his bound hands. The man shook his head.

"Not yet, friend. Are you well? Are you hurt?" he said.

Jay narrowed his eyes.

"Yes. Very unwell. Very hurt," Jay said. The man forced Jay to his feet and out of the van.

They were inside a bunker of some sort. The top was open air, but they were a couple of feet under the ground. In one of the walls, there was an opening to a tunnel. Which, incidentally, was where the man forced Jay to go. Wires wrapped from the outside of the bunker and ran into the tunnel. The electrical work looked shoddy. There were so many exposed wires that it made Jay nervous to pass by the line. And he was the Master of Lightning.

The man didn't glance at the wires. As they went deeper into the tunnel, the darker it became. The man kept his hand at Jay's back, continuing to push him forward. Jay couldn't see anything. At any moment, anyone could step on the wire.

As Jay's eye adjusted to the darkness, he realized that the wire ran along the roof of the tunnel. That made him feel a little better...

Jay passed a few prison cells. All were pitch black inside. He couldn't tell if any of the cells had prisoners in them. Considering how eerily quiet the tunnel was, he bet not.

"Where are we going?" Jay said.

"To meet Doctor Kirk," the man said.

"Right... So that doesn't answer my question," Jay said. The man suddenly grabbed Jay's shoulder. Jay flinched thinking his joke caused the man to get angry.

"Turn here," the man said. He had such a kind and gentle tone that didn't match the circumstance.

Jay looked to where the man had gestured. There was a fork in the tunnel that Jay didn't notice. He continued down the path until he reached a staircase.

At the top of the staircase, the man opened the secret door. Jay's eyes struggled to adjust to the sudden sunlight. He stepped out of the tunnel.

Once he was able to see, he realized that he was back in Okuura. He was staring at the wall he climbed earlier that day.

The man tugged Jay away. They went inside the compound. Jay expected his final destination to be the Experimental Room he infiltrated earlier. But the man took Jay to a part of the compound he'd never been to before.

Upon finally arriving at Jay's certain demise, he was surprised to see... it was a conference room?

One person was in the room. An older gentleman. He was balding and had a permanent look of anxiety on his face. He had a pen tucked behind his ear.

There was a machine on the conference table. He tinkered with the boxy gadget. Cords ran out from the machine.

The man forced Jay into a spinny chair beside the older gentleman. The younger man untied Jay's hands, only to immediately re-tie him to the chair. Jay unconsciously began to swing back and forth on the chair. The older gentleman gave him an unimpressed look. He glanced up at the younger man.

"This is the Master of Lightning?" he said.

"Yes," the man said.

"My mom says I'm special," Jay said, twirling around in a full circle. The younger man put his hand on the back of Jay's chair to stop its spinning.