RHYS

Rhys admired the five dragons from the safety of his computer screen. One Earth, one Ice, and two Fire. They were perfect. And they were going to lead his people home. Rhys was the greatest Chief. He did it! He did what no other could.

Rhys turned to gaze at the ninja in the corner of the Observational Room. The Master of Earth was asleep while the Master of Ice was standing over him. His body jolted, as his nindroid wiring struggled to provide consistent power to his body.

The door swung open. One of the clan members entered, dragging the Master of Fire behind him.

When the Master of Fire saw Rhys, he attempted to threaten him. However, his overly-tired exterior made his intimidation laughable.

"Jay will stop you," the Master of Fire said. His words were lazily articulated. He could barely keep his eyes open.

"I doubt it," Rhys said.

"Jay always stops the bad guys," The Master of Fire said. The Master of Fire joined the other ninja in the corner.

"We're not villains," Rhys said, "We're victims."

"You are forcing people to be turned into dragons," The Master of Fire said.

"I'd never force my Brothers and Sisters into this. They volunteered. This is of their own accord," Rhys said. He spoke to the other clan members in the room, more than the ninja. He needed his brethren to know they were valuable. Rhys did this for them! He loved his clan and all his brothers and sisters.

"They only volunteer because they're scared of what you'll do if they don't. Brothers don't treat brothers that way. They put each other first..."

The Master of Fire's speech trailed off into mumbling.

"You'll say anything to discredit my service to my people," Rhys said. He dismissed the ninja and returned to his work. The preparations began for the next transformation. The Master of Earth was next. It was time for another Earth Dragon.

Doctor Kirk burst into the room. His rage emanated from him. An uncommon vibe from the calm and methodical doctor. Rhys chose to stand his ground before the conflict began. He would not let Kirk push him around anymore.

"You let Jay go?!" he said.

"He's useless to us," Rhys said.

"He's only useless if he's here. If he managed to reconvene with the other ninja-"

"That boy is depressed. There's no way he's going to find the other ninja. Know your place, brother," Rhys said. Doctor Kirk glared at Rhys. And Rhys combated Kirk's contempt with more contempt. Doctor Kirk was not better than Rhys, and he was not in charge. 

"Anyway, I've locked him in the prisons," Doctor Kirk said.

Rhys waved away Doctor Kirk.

"Get the Master of Earth ready," Rhys commanded his brethren. Doctor Kirk gazed at the tired ninja sitting in the corner. His mind quickly diagnosed the situation.

"You can't use them until they're dead," Doctor Kirk said.

"I can do whatever I please," Rhys said.

"No, we need them alive," Doctor Kirk said, "May I show you?"

Rhys followed Doctor Kirk to his computer. Doctor Kirk pulled up a security footage file. It showed Jay holding off the Lightning Dragon he inadvertently created.

"Elemental Power is the key to controlling the beasts. We need to harvest their power," Doctor Kirk explained. The security footage showed Jay using his Lightning to soothe the dragon.