KAI

A/N Sorry, this is another short, boring, expositional chapter. Things should start to pick up after this... Hang in there! Thanks for reading. It means the world to me! 

Cole hopped onto Kai's dragon. They flew through the busy streets of Ninjago City. They were going to see Misako while Nya dropped off the kids.

Kai knew the moment the last kid stepped off the Bounty, Nya would be searching the city for Jay. She already called the Commissioner five times asking if he'd seen Jay in the city. All the police in Ninjago City were on the lookout for Jay.

Kai's dragon landed in front of the museum. Misako agreed to meet them there. Kai didn't want to be on the history research team, but it was better than doing nothing. He'd prefer to be in the action.

He reminded himself that history could be exciting. He travelled through time and participated in a historical battle. Can't get more exciting than that. It was odd seeing him in a painting dated years before he was born. Nya and Kai were both in the depiction of the battle between the Time Twins and The Elemental Alliance. It was bizarre.

Misako was waiting for them on the front steps of the museum. She took them to a private room and pulled out a bunch of scrolls. Cole and Kai exchanged a nervous glance. They could sense excitement oozing out of Misako. Everyone knew to avoid her when she made an 'interesting' discovery. She'd loved giving lectures more than she loved history.

"I searched everywhere for that legend," Misako said, "and only found one reference to that legend. It seems to be a folklore tall tale."

"On our adventures, those are usually true," Cole said.

"I think this might be the exception. That being said, I researched Okuura village when the legend turned up a dead end," Misako continued. She opened her scrolls. Her eyes lit up every time she unravelled a scroll.

"Okuura Village is one of the oldest civilizations in Ninjago. It was settled by people who called themselves the Dragon Clan. They were societal recluses; they still are. The reason they'd kidnap kids is unclear. They want nothing to do with anything else related to Ninjago, so why kidnap children? I began looking into the origins of the Dragon Clan and I found this scroll here."

Misako gestured to an ancient scroll rolled out for them.

"What does it say?" Kai asked. He couldn't read the strange characters on the scroll.

"It is a story about the First Spinjitzu Master. Apparently, the Dragon Clan were once a people group from a different realm. The story goes at the beginning of the Stone Wars, the First Spinjitzu Master went to the other realms to gather support to fight the Overlord. The Dragon Clan pledged their support, on the condition they'd return home after the war. However, after the war concluded, the First Spinjitzu Master decided that crossing between realms led to great evil. Fearing imbalance might release the Overlord again, he forbade anyone to traverse through the realms. As a result, the Dragon Clan was trapped in Ninjago."

"Did that really happen?" Cole asked.

"Doesn't matter. All that matters is if the villagers of Okuura believe it happened," Kai said.

"Shortly after being tricked by the First Spinjitzu Master, they received a prophecy. One day a dragon will save them, return them to their realm and exact justice on the First Spinjitzu Master. Ever since then, they've been Dragon Worshipers."

"But the First Spinjitzu Master isn't around anymore," Kai said, "How are they going to get revenge?"

"Well, this is a very old scroll. I don't know how much of this is true of the Dragon Clan today," Misako said, "That's all I've found in my research."

"I bet this Dragon Clan got tired of waiting for a dragon to help them. So they started trying to make their own dragon," Cole said.

"Is it true they've been able to turn someone into a dragon?" Misako asked.

"Only Jay saw it," Kai said skeptically.

"But we believe him." Cole gave Kai a dirty look.

"If that's the case, it might be possible the Dragon Clan got their hands on the same magic Chen used for his Anacondrai spell," Misako said.

"Isn't Clouse somewhere out there? Maybe he can give us some answers," Cole offered.

"If we can find him," Kai said, "Besides if it is the same magic, they'd need all the Elemental Powers to perform a transformation. Which would be impossible... Unless they somehow kidnapped Skylor too."

Kai shifted nervously. He should go check to see if Skylor was safe. If Nya got to look for Jay then Kai can look for Skylor. It was only fair.

"Dragons are a little different from Anacondrai," Misako said, "Like you, dragons have specific Elemental Powers. I doubt you'd need fire to make an earth dragon."

"Jay was riding a Lightning dragon," Cole realized, "You don't think he accidentally created it?"

"I'd like to at least see the spell before we jump to conclusions," Kai said, "We should tell Lloyd and Zane to look out for any magic spells in the village."

"Maybe Clouse has been hiding in Okuura," Cole said.

"Sounds like you have work to do," Misako said, wrapping up her scroll, "I'll continue to research this topic. I'll let you know if I find anything at all useful."

"Thanks, Misako. This was a huge help," Cole said. Misako made them promise to let her know when they find Jay. And for them to tell Lloyd that she loved him. Then the boys left.

They rode away on Kai's dragon. The Bounty was already heading back towards Okuura. Kai wasn't surprised that Nya had searched the entire city while they spoke to Misako. And she couldn't even wait for them.

Kai stopped at Chen's Noodles before he left. To his relief, Skylor was safe. He couldn't stay long to chat, (as much as he might've wanted to). If he stayed any longer, his sister would be in Okuura scouring the village for her boyfriend. Obsessed much?