JAY

A/N Last Chapter! Enjoy the fluff! 

Jay stood at a distance from Eyre as she reunited with Shade. Nya squeezed Jay's hand as they watched the scene. The sun was shining bright in Ninjago City. So bright that Eyre complained. Once a Master of Shadow, always a Master of Shadow.

On the trip from Okuura to Ninjago City, Jay had a chance to ask Eyre about how his powers came back to him. His reintegration as the Master of Lightning surprised Eyre.

She told him: "It appears that your ability to transfer Elemental Power needs work."

"I think I sent it to my future self," Jay said.

"I think you forced yourself to stop being the Master of Lightning," Eyre said, "You got a little lost down there, Jay. And because of that, you misplaced your power." Jay accepted Eyre's observation as fact.

"Did she agree to be your adopted grandma?" Nya asked, snapping Jay out of his recollection. Eyre turned back to Jay and Nya and waved. Tears were streaming down her face.

"I didn't ask," Jay said, waving back at her, "I don't know if she'd want to be related to a Master of Lightning. She doesn't hold a high opinion of our kind." However, Jay didn't think that was true anymore. She made him promise to visit her at the retirement home. Eyre didn't have to make Jay promise, he was planning on visiting her anyways.

"Okay, because I was thinking of asking her to be my grandma," Nya said. Jay snickered at Nya's comment.

Shade approached Nya and Jay and told them that he was going to take Eyre home. Since the two were off the hook for taking Eyre back to the retirement home, they decided to return to the Bounty early. They said goodbye to Eyre. Nya quickly asked Eyre to be her adopted grandma. Eyre smiled sweetly and declined. Jay tried to hold back his laughter but couldn't.

Eyre put a boney hand on Jay's forearm.

"Once a Master of Lightning..." she said.

"Always a Master of Lightning," Jay finished.

"Don't forget. Some things are intrinsic," she said. She gave Jay's arm a gentle squeeze then let him go.

Eyre spent years in prison, watching Elemental Master die around her, without ever losing herself. Jay lost himself in the one day he was trapped in prison. Eyre deserved this moment. She deserved to be at peace, happy, and safe for the rest of her life. And now she's reunited with one of her kin, with new Elemental Master friends. Her hope didn't let her down.

Jay and Nya turned and left, hand in hand. Jay turned his head away from Nya and blinked away his tears. However, he knew that Nya could see him crying. She didn't say anything. She simply walked alongside him, gripping his hand tightly.

They returned to Chen's Noodles. Kai was visiting Skylor at that location. The Bounty hovered over the restaurant.

Nya had made the genius suggestion of attaching rope ladders to the Bounty. She was so smart! You could actually board the boat without Elemental Dragons. A power none of the ninja possessed. Although Kai still insisted he could make an Elemental Dragon. But he was all talk. Considering every time someone told him to prove his claim, he came up with a lame excuse as to why he couldn't. Like he was too tired, or he was too busy (playing video games as Jay and Kai didn't move from the couch all week long), or (Jay's personal favourite) he's still recovering from the vengestone cut he received. 

Jay smiled to himself as he appreciated how awesome Kai was. Fixing their friendship was the best thing to come out of the Dragon Clan kidnapping him.

Jay grabbed onto a ladder and climbed onto the Bounty. Cole and Zane were training on the deck.