KAI

A/N I'm sorry in advanced

Kai awoke to the noise of fighting. His mind snapped into battle mode, ready to take out any threats. However, his tired body failed to respond. Kai's eyes fluttered open, but he was not able to comprehend any visuals. He did hear a loud noise... it sounded rough like sandpaper.

There was movement. Definitely movement happening... Green, something green. Kai rubbed his eyes, trying to focus on anything.

Was that Lloyd? Huh, it was Lloyd. About time he arrived and saved the day. He was fighting someone... Probably some Dragon Clan member. Kai's mind couldn't register exactly what was happening, but it appeared as if Lloyd was using Spinjitzu. Maybe some Elemental Powers.

Kai yawned. Alright, time to be useful. Kai willed himself to rise. But nothing happened. Something was weighing him down. Kai glanced to the side to see Cole was sleeping on him. He was snoring by Kai's ear. That was the noise Kai heard.

Lloyd must've won the fight because suddenly, he was extending a hand to Kai.

"Hi," Kai said, taking Lloyd's hand.

"Are you guys okay?" Lloyd said. He stumbled as Kai got to his feet. He didn't suspect Kai to put all his weight on him.

"Sleepy," Kai said. He put his hand against the wall and steadied himself. He had to overcome his tiredness... somehow. Kai took a second to think about the urgency of the situation. If Kai understood the severity, he could overpower his tiredness. Mind over matter, Kai was great at that sort of stuff.

"Where's Jay and Zane?" Lloyd said as he shook Cole awake.

"Zane's not here?" Kai said. He gazed around. Zane was with them earlier. Kai wandered away from Lloyd. He felt dissociated as he stumbled. Time to wake himself up.

"Jay escaped. He went to find you," Kai mumbled. Lloyd repeated that information into his earpiece.

Lloyd finally woke up Cole. He groaned as he came back to consciousness. Lloyd helped him to his feet.

"What happened to you guys?" Lloyd said.

"Dragons," Cole mumbled, "Man, I hope this doesn't ruin dragons for me."

"We just need to sleep it off," Kai offered, "After the mission." He wished he could pick a spot on the floor to curl up and sleep. But he had to find Jay and Zane and escape with his friends. Kai noticed a bottle of water on a nearby counter. 

As he approached he noticed a tied-up person on the floor. Kai blinked at him. He looked familiar. He was one of Chief Moses' main henchmen. What was his name? Kai waved at him. He sighed.

"Aren't you escaping?" he said. Kai wanted to say his name started with a... P? Paul? No.

Kai grabbed the water, turned towards Cole, and splashed it in his face.

"Hey!" Cole said.

"Do me," Kai said, handing the water to Cole.

"Gladly," Cole said. The sudden burst of water brought some life back to Kai. Although he still felt exhausted.

"Ready?" Lloyd asked.

"No," Cole said honestly.

"Let's go try not to die," Kai said as enthusiastically as he could at that moment. Lloyd pointed to a far wall.

"There's a tunnel there. We should check the cells under the village," Lloyd said.

Lloyd inspected the wall, searching for a way to open the tunnel.