JAY

Jay was lying on his back, staring up at the cavern roof. He failed, again. He should be used to being a failure, yet it still stung.

"I'm glad to have company," Eyre said after hours of silence, "Thank you for coming for me when you could've run."

"If you're trying to put a positive spin on this, I hate to break it to you, there is none. There is no way out of this hole! There's no way Kai and Cole can help us! And if Nya and Lloyd haven't shown up yet, it means they aren't coming," Jay said.

"You sound so sure," Eyre said, "But I assumed no one was coming for me for many many years. Yet just today, someone did come for me."

Jay sat up abruptly. He pounded his fist into the ground, making pain shoot up through his arm.

"Eyre, it's over! I gave the Dragon Clan everything they needed to destroy my friends, while also handicapping myself. I did that. Me! I should've stayed in the junkyard and never become a ninja."

"If that were true, I would be alone right now," Eyre said, "You have poor judgement. From what I've seen, you are a hero. You gave up your power for your friends. You attempted to save me when you could've saved yourself. You are loved by your friends- I could see it. Even the traitor cared for you. The only person who cannot see that your accolades as a ninja are too precious to wish away... is yourself."

Jay laughed bitterly. That was a lie. She had no idea what she was talking about.

"They don't need me. They're better off without me," Jay said.

"Even if they don't need you, all their efforts to save you prove that they want you. A more precious gift than being needed," Eyre said.

Jay huffed and laid down again. He closed his eyes. Although, her words did bring him comfort.

"Someone is coming," she said, "And it's about time we receive good news."

Jay paused to listen. Quiet footsteps were approaching. They were very faint. Almost as if they belonged to a ninja. Jay sat up as a figure appeared. Zane was in front of the bars.

"Zane," Jay said with excitement.

"Hello, Jay. How are you?"

"That depends on whose side you're on."

"It's come to my attention that the Dragon Clan is willing to hurt us for their gain," Zane said.

"Just noticed that, huh?" Jay said.

"I cannot continue to protect the Dragon Clan at the expense of my Brotherhood... I think they did something to me," Zane said, "I am ashamed."

Jay might've attempted to help Zane work through his issues. But Jay was anxious to get going. He was going to hold onto this small spark of hope.

Zane unlocked Jay's prison cell door. Jay helped Eyre to her feet. With Zane's help, they walked out of prison.

"Glad your back. But we need the Bounty. Can you contact P.I.X.A.L.?" Jay said.

"I tried to reestablish my connection to P.I.X.A.L. but am unable. Having my Elemental Power drained has made most of my operating system malfunction. I have rerouted all my power to the necessary functions. Yet I am limited in my capabilities," Zane said, "Kai and Cole are being guarded by Soren in the Observational Room. Together, we could overcome Soren."

"We could lock ourselves in there," Jay said, "Then between the two of us, we can use all that machinery to make a distress signal for P.I.X.A.L. to pick up."