RHYS

Rhys knocked on Doctor Kirk's door. The sun was peeking over the horizon. An entire night of rest should be good enough for an Elemental Master. Doctor Kirk opened the door. He rubbed his squinted eyes and yawned.

"Let's go, Brother! Today is the day, I know it," Rhys said, "Soren is grabbing Jay as we speak. We will be going home soon."

"No need to rush," Doctor Kirk said, "The ninja aren't in any position to stop us. Let Jay rest."

"Brother! Think about it. We could be home by this evening!" Rhys said, "Let's go!"

Doctor Kirk shook his head. He swung the door closed while mumbling, "Impatient work is erroneous work."

The door slammed, leaving Rhys staring at the wood. At that moment, Rhys decided he'd been too benevolent towards Doctor Kirk. He should've put his foot down instead of giving into Doctor Kirk's every whim. Doctor Kirk may think he can do whatever he wants, but he's wrong. He was still under Rhys's authority.

"Kirk!" Rhys said, "We will be doing the experiments with or without you."

There was no response. Rhys huffed. He didn't need the Doctor.

Rhys went to the compound. He met a family at the wall. He greeted his brethren: a mother, father, and a young girl. Rhys got down on his knees to make eye contact with the girl.

"Thank you for volunteering, child," Rhys said. They never forced anyone into the trials. (The only exception being that boy genius they borrowed from Ninjago City.) Every single child was a volunteer. Rhys admired the future generation. They saw the importance of the Clan's cause. Rhys was once like the girl. He volunteered for a trial when he was her age. And he volunteered many times before he was grown. He'd do anything to get his people home, to their proper realm. 

And before Rhys left Ninjago, he reminded himself, he had to take revenge on the First Spinjitzu Master. He'd search all Ninjago for the deceiver that crippled his beloved clan. And then he'd end him.

First, he had to figure out the spell for transformation. There were three ingredients: Blue Crystal, the Dragon Flower (a rare plant that grows exclusively in Hiroshi's Labyrinth), and the last ingredient: dragon power. Or as Rhys now realized: the Elemental Power of Lightning.

Rhys gestured for the family to follow him. He took them to the Experimental Room where preparations were being made. They were going to make a dragon!

The chair in the middle of the room had Blue Crystal embedded in it. She sat down in the chair while her parents held her hands. She was brave. She knew that this was worth it all.

A Clan member handed her a drink made from Dragon Flower. She gulped down the liquid, cringing at its bitter taste. Rhys remembered the taste all too well.

Next, Jay entered the Experimental Room. He fought against Soren's tight grip. Soren pushed Jay forward. The Master of Lightning looked far more awake than before. His wide eyes were darting around the room, searching for an escape. And his feet no longer dragged along the ground. He must be well-rested. Perfect.

"I swear, Elemental Power is not the key to dragon transformation!" Jay shouted.

"Where does Doctor Kirk want Jay?" Soren said, glancing around the room. As if Soren answered to Kirk! Rhys was the Chief, not Doctor Kirk. 

"I'm running this experiment. I've extracted the Power of many Elemental Masters in my lifetime," Rhys said, "We'll set up a chair there."

Rhys pointed next to the old machine that was designed to extract Elemental Power. Since they gave up trying to use Elemental Powers in experiments, it had been years into retirement. Rhys had spent the entire night setting the old relic up. He never thought it would get used again. Yet, he pulled it out of retirement. It was time again. To steal the Elemental Power of a Master. As they rightfully deserved for following the First Spinjitzu Master.