~ Chapter 5 ~

Peppy and the leaders were still at the impostor's house.

"We have to send a search party" Peppy said

"I won't be able to sleep at the thought that Poppy is or will be threatened by this idiot," he continued

"We will pass it on to others," the leaders said

The former king stared at the broken glass for a while, which reminded him of what happened to his wife, not wanting it to happen to his daughter as well.

~ FLASHBACK ~

Peppy calmly walked around Pop Village until he suddenly heard his wife's deep scream.

Terrified, he quickly ran home.

But ... it was too late. He found his wife lying dead with a pungent smell of blood.

The window was broken ... the same way it was in the Creek window.

He walked over to her slowly, his face stained with tears. He wanted to scream .. but couldn't even open his mouth in shock.

That's when Peppy realized there was an egg in their house! And Poppy in it.

He ran with lightning to his daughter's room .. luckily, she was alive and well, tucked in her little bed, shaped to the shape of an egg.

He picked up the egg gently, still sobbing. Saying the words: "Relax, t-daddy's already here"

He went back to the scene with the egg in his hands.

Suddenly he saw something next to the dead queen .. it was a green-blue hair. The village only had two trolls with this hair: Creek and a troll named Jack. (idk improvised with a first name).

He gathered two trolls and made an interrogation between them.

Of course, Peppy trusted Creek so he decided he wouldn't be able to. That's why he chose the other troll and chased him from the village ... forever.

The next day, the funeral of the queen took place. The king approached the tomb, putting a piece of paper on it with the words: "Always with us"

~ END FLASHBACK ~

Peppy sobbed even more.

He knew now that you should make the biggest mistake in the world. Creek has been a murderer all along.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, the couple slept in separate rooms (because not together ;) ). Were they official? We'll find out soon.

Branch rose first. He went into the kitchen to make breakfast.

Moments later, Poppy was awakened by the sweet smell of pancakes. She quickly got up, dressed and ran along the scent as a pancake lover.

"Pancakes! : D" she exclaimed

Branch just smiled, motioning for her to sit down at the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~

(Yes, I know there were pancakes for dinner again, but I don't know what else to come up with XD.)

~~~~~~~~~~~

They sat down together and began to eat.

And that awkward silence again, after what happened yesterday... they had a right to do so.

"Um, well, what happened yesterday you know ..." Branch began to speak

"Yes, I know, you couldn't help it," she winked at him

"hehe .. yeah .." he sighed with a smile

They talked like that for a while .. until they heard a knock on the door.