Chapter 1:

Louis is late. This isn't unusual. He was up late last night watching mindless videos, until he finally knocked out around 2AM.  He woke up five hours later to his annoying alarm, but instead of getting out of bed, he hits snooze and goes back to sleep. About half an hour later, he realizes he is very much late and rushes about trying to make his self decently presentable. He puts on a plain black shirt and some tight skinny jeans. He styles his hair into a messy fringe and then rushes to put on his Vans.

He makes his way downstairs. He picks up his board by the door and runs out. As soon as he reaches the corner, he places his board on the ground, and stand on top of it. He pushes himself forward and soon he's whizzing down the streets. He's happy that the trek to school is mostly downhill from where he lives. It make is easier to get to school on his board, not so much on his way back. In no time he's standing in front of the steps of the building he calls school. He walks hurriedly to class. He really doesn't need another lecture about punctuality being the key to success. Finally he makes his way into class, moments before the bell rings. He internally fist pumps.

"Mr. Tomlinson, nice of you to grace us with your presence. It's seems you just made it." Mrs. Parks says as she goes back to writing some more notes on the bored.

"I always make it priority of mine to see you Mrs. Parks." Louis smirks. The teacher merely scoffs and tells Louis to sit. Louis does and is glad that he got to avoid the ever agonizing lecture.

After the very much captivating lesson on the human body, the bell finally rings. Louis is one of the first few to rush out of class. He tries to avoid the crowds as much as possible. Moments later, someone is standing beside Louis and invading his personal bubble. He doesn't have to turn to know who it is. The only person that doesn't mind being seen with Louis every day is none other than his best mate Zayn Malik.

"Sup Z." Louis says simply.

"You were late today." Zayn states.

thank you Captain Obvious." Zayn just rolls his eyes.

"Since you were late, you missed out on the funniest thing. Liam-"And Zayn is off again. It's that moment of the day where Zayn goes on to tell Louis about the most interesting person in the world- in Zayn's eyes- Liam Payne. It's quite obvious that Zayn has a crush on the dude, however he's just as coward as Louis is to do anything about it. Louis looks out into the sea of people. His eyes wander around until they land on a head with bouncy curls, wearing a flower crown of daisies. He watches as Harry nods along to something his friend, Niall, is saying. He watches as Harry then laughs his laugh one of the most beautiful things to ever be heard. Louis wishes he could be the one to make Harry laugh like that. He wishes that he could be the one that makes him smile and blush not Niall. Sometimes, he is rather jealous of the fact that Niall and Harry spend so much time together.  But then he remembers that Niall is straight and that calms his nerves slightly.

"Louis are you even listening to me?" Zayn asks. Louis turns back to Zayn with a guilty smile. Zayn looks up to where Louis eyes had been previously looking. "You're watching Harry Styles again I see. I don't understand why you don't just go to talk to him. He's harmless I mean look at him. He's the picture of innocence." Zayn was right. Louis wasn't so sure what made him so scared of talking to Harry, he just was.

"You're one to talk, why don't you do something about Liam. You practically get a stiffy by just watching the guy warm up." Zayn blushes, knowing that it's true.

"Well at least I talk to Liam. You have never even spoken a word to Harry. Mate it's your last year. If you plan on ever owning his heart, you might wanna start thinking about doing something about it." Zayn has a point. As much as Louis just wants to ignore Zayn, he knows that he should do something about it. He's liked the guy for who knows how long. Might as well grow a pair and try. Except, he knows that even after this pep talk, he won't do anything. He knows that talking to him would be a good thing, but he also knows Harry could care less about him. Why would Harry want to associate himself with someone like Louis? Feeling down already, he and Zayn make it to second period five minutes late. He ends up getting the lecture he tried to avoid in the morning.