Chapter 20:

Harry watches as Louis practices for the big contest. Louis had heard about this big skating competition in which the winner would have the opportunity to be in the big leagues. Louis has been practicing nonstop all of spring break. Harry doesn't mind. He gets to come to the skate park every day to see his man skating boarding, then afterward they'll hang out and make out and really what could be better.

Louis is trying to perfect and alpha flip, which is basically a hospital flip with a backside body varial. Now don't ask Harry what that means, because he honestly has no clue, but he likes cheering so he goes along acting as if he know what Louis was doing.

Louis has had a difficulty with that trick ever since he tried it when he was twelve. He hasn't been able to master it and he hopes he will by the time the competition comes around. It's only one week away, and it's making him even more stressed. Luckily, he has Harry there to calm him down when he gets to frustrated.

Harry watches as Louis once again fails. Louis gets up unfazed though. The first few times he fell, Harry was quick to jump up and run to him, asking repeatedly if he was alright. He would then shout to Zayn on the sidelines telling him they needed to get Louis to a doctor or something. Louis assured that he was fine and continued along. Eventually Harry stopped being so dramatic and just resigned to asking Louis if he was ok every time he fell. Louis would always say he was and kept going. He was determined to get that trick right.

After three more failed attempts, Louis gave up for the day and sat beside Harry. Harry placed his head on Louis' shoulder. Louis leans his head towards Harry, intertwining their hands between them.

"I'm never going to get it right." Louis sighs, feeling extremely low. Harry quickly interjects hoping to make his boyfriend feel better.

"Of course you will Lou. Just give it time. I'm sure you'll have it down before the contest." Harry assures. Louis still doesn't feel assured though and Harry knows this so he does the logical thing, he kisses him. He leans up and kisses him, distracting him from his troubles. Harry moves to straddle Louis waist. Louis places his hands on his waist. Their tongues come together in the middle, making the kiss even more heated. After a few more minutes of making out, Harry pulls away. "You'll do great Lou." Harry whispers into Louis' mouth. Louis nods, because if Harry believes in him, then maybe he should believe in himself.

Night came and days went and it was finally the day of the competition. Louis is on edge with nerves. He's never been so nervous before, well with the exception of asking Harry out. He tries sitting, but he just can't sit still. He stands, only to pace. Zayn and Harry watch him as he paces. Zayn just scoffs. He knows Louis well enough to realize that his best friend is just being over dramatic. He's going to do great, so he really should stop worrying.

Harry feels the same way. He knows his Lou will do incredible. He's been watching him practice so he's seen how good Louis is. He just hopes that Louis doesn't doubt himself. He watches as Louis paces before he decides to at least try to calm him down.

"Lou," Harry says, placing a hand on Louis's shoulder to stop him from walking. "You're making me dizzy with your pacing." Harry says fondly. Louis just sighs and opens his arms for a hug. Harry goes into the embrace, wrapping his arms around Louis' middle.

"I'm sorry baby, I'm just really nervous. This could be my only chance to make it big. I really want to do my best, but I don't know if that's going to happen with the way I'm shaking." Louis says quietly so only Harry can hear. Harry tightens his grip around Louis.

"You're going to do great. I believe in you, Zayn believes in you. We'll be here to cheer you on. I know you'll be the best skateboarder out there and I'm not just saying that because you're my boyfriend." Louis grins at that. His boyfriend really knows how to lighten the mood.

Soon all the competitors are called to the start. Louis joins the group and listens in as the announcer tells them how there will be three rounds. The first round tests how well you know your tricks. The second round deals mostly with grinding and sliding. The last round is freestyle; you have five minutes to show off your big and fancy tricks. The announcer asks if everyone is ready. Louis nods along with the rest. Ready or not, it's time for Louis to man up and skate like his life depended on it.

181818

The first two rounds went great. Louis scored in the top ten, coming in second as of right now. Harry cheered the loudest whenever Louis did the trick right. He was having fun supporting his boyfriend. Some people looked at him funny, as if asking why this random flower crown wearing twink was cheering for the punk. But Harry could not care less. He was beyond excited that Louis was doing so well.

It was time for the final round. Everyone was given a ten minute break before they had to go on. Louis made his way back to Harry, nerves getting to him again.

"Harry I don't think I can do this." Louis says fidgeting with his hands. Harry takes his hands placing them on his hips. He places his own arms around Louis' neck.

"Louis you can do this. You will go out there and show the world how amazing you are, then you will come back to me and I'll jump on you and hug you, telling you that you did so well. You are going to make it Lou no matter what." Louis feels his nerves washing away. Harry always knows just what to say. Soon it's time for Louis to do his freestyle. He's going to do his best, for Harry, always for Harry.

181818

Harry screams so loud, he's sure he'll lose his voice. LOUIS DID IT!!! He won. He beat the other guy who was once in first place by two points. Just as promised, when Louis makes his way over to Harry, Harry jumps on him congratulating him for the win.