Chapter 9:

Louis and Harry make their way into the fair. The day has just begun, the fair mostly empty. There are only a few people milling about. Louis thinks that soon the fair will be filled with children and families. He wants to take this time to talk to Harry so they don't have to shout over the noise. Louis guides them to a table at the far end. He tells Harry to sit and walks over to the food court to get them some lemonade.

He comes back to find Harry right where he left him. He watches Harry fiddling with his thumbs. Harry really is the most adorable thing he's ever seen. He walks over and plops down, startling Harry. Louis chuckles and hands him his lemonade.

"Sorry love, didn't mean to scare you." He tells Harry. Harry smiles shyly and takes the drink. He takes a few sips and hums happily. Louis just smiles at him. "So Harry what are you planning to do after high school?" Louis questions. Harry takes time to think about his answer. He hasn't actually thought much of it. He really doesn't think the business world would be something he's interested in, and he doesn't have many talents.

"Honestly I don't know. I really don't think I'm cut out for the life of a business man. I can't really think of doing anything professionally. Maybe I could open up my own flower shop or a bakery. I like to bake."

"Oh is that so? What kind of things do you bake?" Louis asks genuinely interested in what Harry has to say.

"Well I can bake cakes and cookies. I really know my way around a kitchen. Maybe I could make something for you sometime." Harry blushes at his sudden confidence. He thinks that maybe Louis would make fun of him for being so forward, but he doesn't.

"I'd like that." Louis says, giving Harry his beautiful smile. They talk for hours after that. Conversation flows easily. Louis talks about his early trouble making days back in elementary and middle school. He talks about his younger siblings and parents. He tells Harry about his most recent years, how much he's taking into skateboarding and being true to himself. He tells Harry how even though it may seem like he's tough and scary, he isn't and he doesn't appreciate when people make assumptions about him.

Harry tells Louis about his childhood. He makes a fool of himself as he tells stories of when he would steal his older sister's clothes and prance around in her dresses. He tells him how sometimes he likes to paint is nails and wear perfume. He tells Louis about the constant teasing he endured for his middle school life, but he always had Niall to hold him together. Louis wishes he could have been the one there for Harry. Finally, Harry tells him about himself now. He tells Louis that he's finally able to embrace himself that he doesn't care what people think. He's free to be who he wants and Louis thinks that's the most beautiful thing he's ever heard.

The sun has set, and the fair is really kicking. The lights have come on and everything is glowing. Harry and Louis walk around the fair looking at the attractions. They haven't gone on any rides yet. As they walk past the teacup ride, Harry tugs at Louis' arm and points to it like a child. Harry really is like a five year old. Louis nods and they make their way over to it. They sit in a blue teacup and soon the ride starts. They spin around, Harry laughing loud as they move. Louis laughs along with him feeling incredibly giggly. The ride comes to an end a few moments later and they get off. Harry feels dizzy and clings to Louis. Louis doesn't mind. He likes the warmth that Harry's body is putting off. They walk around a bit more and Louis sees a ring toss booth. He eyes the prizes, seeing a huge teddy bear. The moment he lays eyes on it he feels Harry has to have it, so he drags him along and they come to a stop in front of it.

"What are we doing Louis?" Harry asks, watching as Louis gives the man behind the booth a few tickets.

"I'm playing ring toss." Louis says simply as he starts. His first attempt he doesn't get any. He tries again with the same result. A few rounds later and he's gotten two and has one left. He prays to the Gods above that he makes it. He really wants that bear for Harry. He tosses the ring and it lands right where it needs to be. He cheers and the man hands over the big bear. Louis smiles and hands the bear to Harry. Harry stares at it for a few moments before he takes the bear. He blushes, thinking that Louis was so determined to win the bear for him.

"Thanks Louis." Harry squeaks. He really can't help it. Here he is with Louis and he just won him something. He thinks that maybe this is the best night of his life.

They walk around and Harry spots the Ferris wheel. He squeals and pulls Louis toward it. Louis looks as to where he is being dragged and abruptly stops. It's not that he's scared of heights but he totally is. Harry notices his frozen state and thinks that maybe he did something wrong. He lets go of Louis and steps away shyly. Louis notices the frown that replaced Harry's smile. He decides that today will be the day he gets over this stupid fear, for Harry. He grabs Harry's hand and drags him off toward the ride.

They climb in and soon they're making their way to the top. At the very top, Louis chances a look down, his face instantly pales. The view might be beautiful, but he is scared. Harry is oblivious at first. He's just enjoying the view, until he feels Louis hand tighten in his. He looks over and sees Louis' scared face. He feels stupid for making Louis come on the ride if he wasn't going to enjoy it. However, he thinks that he might have something to distract him. He leans over and pecks Louis on the cheek.

Upon feeling the kiss, Louis comes back to reality. He turns to see Harry looking away, head ducked. Harry actually kissed him on the cheek! Louis can't help it when he leans over and does the same. Harry blushes and looks at Louis. They smile dopily at each other. Louis thinks that maybe he doesn't mind the Ferris wheel so much anymore.