Chapter 5:

Louis was a bubbly mess later that day. After running into Harry, he just couldn't seem to think straight. They actually talked. Maybe it wasn't the most riveting conversation, but they at least spoke, as in one to one conversation. Louis thought it was some kind of progress. He was daydreaming about Harry when Zayn came up next to him.

"Hey Lou, how's it going."

"Wonderful." Louis sighed dreamily.

"What happened?"

"I talked to Harry."

"Figures, Louis you really can't keep getting so- wait did you just say you talked to him?" Zayn said flabbergasted.

"Yeah, I accidentally ran into him on my skateboard." Louis explained. He told Zayn about their conversation, and Zayn just smiled. His friend actually talked to his crush. It might have been a few words, but he was still really happy for Louis.

"So are you going to say anything else to him, or are you going to keep crashing into him with your skateboard?" Zayn asked. Louis thought about it. He would prefer the less violent way, but he wasn't even sure what else he could say to Harry. The skateboard incident was an accident. Of course he needed to talk to Harry to apologize. Now, though, he really didn't know what he would say.

"I don't know Zayn. I mean I wouldn't know what to say."

"It's simple; just ask him if he's doing ok, you know after the big falling over." Zayn said simply. "That's the way to start it, then you figure out how to keep the conversation going. " Louis nods; he knows that he has to at least try if he wants a chance with Harry.

181818

Come Monday, Louis is nervous. He has French fourth period, so he doesn't have to worry about much in the morning. He goes about, laughing and goofing off. He minds to himself in third knowing that the moment is soon approaching.

By the time he gets to fourth, he's sweating. Ok maybe he's not sweating, but he feels hot and embarrassed. He hasn't even talked to Harry yet and he's feeling on edge. He walks in, seeing Harry already seated going through some notes. He takes a deep breathe, 'You can do this", he tells himself. He wills his legs to go forward and soon he stands in front of Harry. He clears his throat, and Harry looks up at him with big emerald eyes.

"Hey." Louis says simply. Harry looks a bit caught off guard, but squeaks out a quiet greeting back. "Um, I was just wondering if- um you know- you were alright, after I-I kinda ran into you?" Harry looks momentarily lost before the memories of Saturday come flooding back. The hot guy with the tattoos, the same hot guy who's standing before him. Harry blushes before he nods his head yes. "Oh well ok, just making sure you weren't going to like file a lawsuit or something." Suddenly a bark of laughter cuts through the room. Harry is quick to cover his mouth. He blushes before speaking up.

"I wouldn't have filed a lawsuit. You just hit me with a skateboard, not a car." Harry says. Louis gives a light chuckle.

"Well you never know, these days people file lawsuits about anything."

"Well don't worry about it. I wouldn't want to see you in handcuffs anyway." Harry blushes thinking that comment might have sounded wrong. Louis just laughs.

"You and me both. Well I better take a seat." With that Louis sits down in the chair from the day prior, just as the teacher walks in.

181818

Louis was still smiling as he made his way to the skate park. He talked to Harry again. It was short, but he thought it was a big deal anyway.  He loved the way Harry blushed and laughed. That laugh that Louis had caused. He felt accomplished knowing he could make Harry laugh. The bubbly boy was really too cute for his own good. As he walked through the gates, he saw Zayn leaning on the fence, smoking.

"Z, guess what?" Louis exclaimed once he was near the other punk lad. He took the cigarette and hit it a few times before handing it to Zayn.

"What?" Zayn said, seemingly uninterested. Honestly, Zayn was kind of uninterested. He figured Louis was about to tell him something silly like 'Harry looked absolutely cute today I almost died when I heard him laugh". Really he shouldn't be the one to talk. He does the same with Liam.

"I talked to Harry, again." Louis stated triumphantly. Zayn looked at Louis before he broke into a big grin.

"No way mate really?" Louis tells him about his Harry's conversation. Zayn listens attentively. He figures that if this keeps going the way it's going, Louis will finally have Harry. "Louis that's great. See I knew you could talk to him, now it's just the matter of talking to him more every day." Louis' smile falters.

"Every day. Zayn it was hard enough talking to him today, what makes you think I can do it more again."

"Louis I have faith in you. How else do you plan to win his heart?" Zayn has a point. Louis takes that advice to heart. He knows that if he's ever going to win over Harry, he'll need to be his friend first.