Chapter 15:

The months pass by and soon Christmas is coming around, which also means that Louis birthday is close too. Louis will be turning eighteen, and he feels more than happy that he'll be able to spend his birthday with Harry. He doesn't know what they'll do, but he doesn't care. As long as he and Harry get to spend his birthday together, he'll be happy.

Since his birthday is on Christmas Eve, he and Harry will most likely do something during the day and then he'll spend the rest of the day with his family. He's talking to his mum about it when she mentions something quite surprising.

"Sweetie don't even worry your little head about your birthday. You're free to spend as much time with Harry as you'd like, but I do ask that he come over that day and meet the family." When he found this out, Louis went into a frenzy. Sure he'd like Harry to meet his family, but he isn't sure if they're even in that stage in their relationship. Sure he's gone to Harry's for a family dinner, but this different, it's his family. He doesn't know how his family and relatives will take it. Of course his mum already adores Harry, but what about his sisters, or his uncles, or even his grandparents.

He shouldn't be so worried. Harry has the ability to charm anyone he meets. He thinks that maybe he's over reacting. His birthday will be fine

181818

Come the 24th Louis wakes up to the sound of his sisters all bouncing on his bed shouting "Happy Birthday!" He smiles widely at them and thanks them for the wakeup call. He goes into the kitchen to find a delicious breakfast of pancakes and eggs. He thanks his mother and after finishing up, he goes and gets dressed. He puts on a thick black sweater and dark jeans. He then pulls on his denim jacket and Vans.

Not even a moment after he puts on his shoes, he hears the doorbell ring. He hurries downstairs and sees that his mum already opened the door.

"Here he is." Jay says once she sees Louis walking down the stairs. Louis smiles widely at Harry, taking in how cozy he looks bundled up in a large coat and paisley scarf. A crown of small red roses rests on his head.

"Ready to go." Harry asks, even though Louis is already half way out the door.

"Yeah." He turns to give his mum a kiss on the cheek. "See you tonight." He says and then Harry is pulling Louis along the sidewalk.

"Alright Curly where to?" Louis asks. Harry simply stops in front of Louis. He pulls off his scarf and pushes it forward towards Louis face. Louis raises an eyebrow in question.

"I hope you don't mind, but I kinda want it to be a surprise." Louis just chuckles and lets Harry tie the scarf around his head. Once Harry makes sure Louis can't see he pulls him along. They talk and Harry makes sure that Louis doesn't crash into anything. Soon there coming to a stop. "Ok hold on a second." He hears Harry opening a door and then he's being pulled forward once again. They continue along until Louis feels himself being stopped once again. "Okay you can take off the blindfold." So Louis reaches up and unties the knot. The scarf falls from his eyes and he sees Harry holding a pair of ice skates and doing a little dance.

"So we're going ice skating." Louis inquires. Harry nods and tells Louis to sit down. He does as told and Harry begins taking off his shoes. "Curly what are you doing. I'm quite capable of putting on my own skates." Harry just giggles.

"I know, but It's your birthday I want you to feel special." Louis just let's Harry do as he pleases. Once the skates are on, He stands and he and Harry walk out into the rink. It's been a while since Louis last went ice skating, so he's a bit wobbly at first. Harry is there to help him for the first few turns. After a while, Louis starts getting the hang of it, no longer needing Harry to hold him steady. Still, he keeps Harry right by his side as they hold hands.

Christmas music plays in the background and Louis hears Harry humming along. Louis knows the song and wants nothing more than to sing along. He's not usually one for acting so romantic, but Harry's being so romantic today, why can't he?

"I just want you for my own

More than you could ever know

Make my wish come true

All I want for Christmas is you

You, baby" Louis sings softly as he leans into Harry. Harry just blushes. He loves when Louis gets sappy. Louis presses a kiss to Harry's cheek. "You really are the best baby." Louis knows that what he's about to say next is pretty big. He takes a deep breathe before saying, "I love you Harry." Harry stops abruptly causing Louis and him to go tumbling down. Harry lands on top of Louis and Louis just looks up at Harry trying to gauge his expression. Suddenly, Harry burst into bubbly laughter and leans down to press kisses all over Louis face.

"I love you too, Lou." Louis smiles and moves his hands so they cup Harry's face. He then brings Harry's face closer, planting a big kiss on Harry's lips. They kiss for a while, their tongues mingling in the slightest. Louis can't believe his luck. Harry loves him and that's all he could ever want

After they pull away, they get up because lying on ice isn't really something you want to do when it's like zero degrees outside.

"I think it's time we head back to mine." Louis says. Harry agrees and they quickly put on their shoes and head to Louis' house. Louis thinks that Harry meeting his family won't be so bad anymore.