Chapter 13:

It's only their first week of being together and it's been the best week ever for Louis. Louis loves being able to be so close to Harry now. He loves going up behind him and wrapping his arms around the taller lad. He likes being able to give him pecks on the lips whenever he wants. Most of all, he likes that he can call Harry his. It's all just great, Louis is just so happy.

Halloween is around the corner. He and Harry decided to do a couple costume, but they haven't actually chosen anything. Sure, they've talked over some options, but none of them seem right. Louis really wants to make Harry happy so he'll wear whatever as long as he sees a smile on his boyfriend's face. Harry is the one having a hard time deciding.

He has liked some of the options they've discussed, but he honestly has something else in mind. He doesn't know how Louis would take it. Louis seems to like Harry for who he is, but this might be something that changes his mind. He decides that he needs to talk to Louis about it. Maybe it won't change anything. He just hopes Louis doesn't laugh at him.

"Lou." Harry asks after school. They're sitting at Harry's spot, cuddled together. Harry is sat between Louis legs, while Louis has his arms wrapped around Harry.

"Yea Haz?" Louis inquires, beginning to lightly stroke his hands up and down Harry's tummy.

"I want to talk about our couple's costume."

"Alright love, what is it?" Louis asks placing his head in the crook of Harry's neck. He finds comfort in being so close to Harry.

"Would it be weird if...? You know what never mind." Harry says shaking his head. Louis pulls back to look at Harry's face. He knows Harry wants to ask something, but he's scared.

"Haz what is it? You know you can always talk to me about anything?" Louis says placing a kiss on Harry's cheek. Harry sighs he might as well.

"Would it be weird if I dressed like a girl?" The question was out there and there was no way of taking it back. Louis studied Harry's face. He knew Harry was serious. Of course he didn't mind Harry dressing like a girl. Whatever made his boy happy would make him happy.

"No baby it would not be weird. As long as you feel comfortable and happy, I'll be right there with you." Harry looks up at Louis. Louis just looks so accepting and not at all weirded out. He leans up to give him a kiss on the jaw.

Thanks Lou."

181818

Over the next few days, Harry's acting strange. Maybe not strange, but secretive. Louis has seen Harry being extra precautious lately. Louis figures it has something to do with his costume. When, Harry came over the other day, he gave Louis his costume in a black bag. He told him not to open it, and to wait until Halloween. When he's been at Harry's, they don't go into his room; they stay in the living room area. Louis is happy that Halloween is so close. He wouldn't be able to take it if Harry kept being so discreet.

Halloween day finally arrives and Louis is giddy. In the morning, he goes about doing what he usually does, before finally opening the bag.  Inside is an outdated form of a tux, it even comes with a cape. Also, inside the bag is a white face mask. Louis eyes the mask carefully. He doesn't really think it suits him. As he studies it, another idea forms inside his head.  He rushes out of his room to his sister's room. He finds the white and black paints she used to color her face as Frankenstein's bride. He then retreats to his room to put on the costume. Once he's finished, he goes to the face paints. He paints his whole face white, and then he adds a black star around his eye. He looks at himself and feels quite proud of his costume. He isn't quite sure what he is yet, but as soon as he sees Harry, he hopes to find out.

181818

He arrives at school half an hour later. He walked today so as not to get his costume ruined. He heads straight to Harry's locker.  When he approaches, he doesn't see anyone there yet. He checks the time. 7:02 AM. It's a way earlier than usual for him, but he wants to see Harry before the first bell.

He's playing a random game on his phone, when he hears Niall's laugh. He looks up and smiles when he sees Niall rounding the corner. A moment later, Harry walks around the corner too, Louis thinks he forgot how to breathe. Standing there in a really pretty and puffy white dress is Harry. His curls have his usual flower crown, and he still wears his chucks, but the dress is really the most wonderful thing Louis has ever seen. Harry makes his way down the hall, looking at the floor as he walks. A few people compliment him as he walks towards Louis. When he finally gets to his locker, he looks up and sees Louis standing there. He immediately turns three shades darker and looks down. Louis can't have that. He places delicate fingers on Harry's chin, tilting it up. He smiles at Harry, silently telling him he looks wonderful, before he actually speaks.

"Harry you look incredible." Louis says.

"Really?" Harry asks nervously.

"Of course baby, the dress is definitely working for you." Harry beams at the praise.

"Well you look good too. I like what you did with the face paint, looks better than the mask." Louis closes the gap between them, their faces only an inch apart.

Thanks baby." He says leaning in to give Harry kiss.

"Woah love bird slow your roll. We're still at school." Niall shouts.

"What's it to you Prince Charming." Louis comments once he sees Niall's costume.

"PDA is not something I look forward to at school." He says adjusting his collar.

"Aww poor Niall, he needs his girlfriend, maybe she's still in her pumpkin carriage. Niall shouldn't you be looking for the girl who fits the glass slipper." Harry teases.

"He should." Louis states moving so he now holds Harry in his arms in front of him, Harry's back pressed to his chest. Suddenly Niall's girlfriend walks by wearing a Cinderella costume. Niall takes a good look at her as she walks by. When she's out of earshot, he gives the lads a wave, telling them he just found his Cinderella. Both Harry and Louis burst out laughing as the watch Niall run off to catch up to her.

"Cute." Harry says.

"You're cuter." Louis states watching Harry blush furiously at the praise.

181818

Later that day, Louis hears about a party. It's at Josh Devine's place. Of course he gets invited; Josh and he have been skate buddies for a while now. He tells Harry about the party after school.

"Hey Curly, have any plans for tonight." Louis asks, putting his arm around Harry as they walk.

"Not really, I was hoping you could come over. We could have a scary movie marathon and pig out on candy, maybe even snog a bit." Harry says. Although Louis quite likes the idea, he thinks that going to Josh's party will be a better time. Plus he can rub it in people's faces that Harry is finally his.

"That sounds great babe, really, but I was thinking we could hit up a party." Harry stops in his tracks. He's never been one for parties. He much rather stay at home, then go to parties where he's either called names or gets groped every ten seconds. He wants to reject the idea, but Louis is the one asking. He doesn't want to disappoint Louis.

"I don't know." Harry answers.

"Please, just one party. We can leave whenever you want." Harry thinks it over for the entirety of three second. Louis' words of 'always being there for him' coming to mind. He decides that as long as Louis stays by his side he'll be fine.

"Sure why not." Louis smiles and tells him he'll pick him up at 7.