Chapter Twenty Eight

Uploaded 15/04/2015
Edited 6/12/16

Chapter 28

The car pulled up in silence outside my mother's townhouse. The car ride was one of awkward silence. Since Ashley violence outburst we all did not know what to say. Part from a whispering Sam and David my mum kept shrewd eyes on Ashley.

The driver opened the door on the opposite side of Ashley so that my family was the first to get out. Ashley placed his hand over my palm before I wiggled over to get out of the Bentley.

His face was staring straight ahead, his face the formidable mask. "We cannot stay. Say your goodbyes. The jet is ready."

"I thought we were staying for a couple more days." I peeked past the door to see them talking by the steps. "I cannot just say goodbye like that."

"I am needed back in L.A." His tone bared no room for an argument. "You have five minutes."

"How about you go to L.A and I remain here. I follow you back home in two days." I removed his hand from mine shifting over to the end of the seat.

I swung my legs over to the side, my heels clicking on the pavement. I was about to push myself up from the car but stilled at his dark tone.

"Do not push me kitty Kat. I am near to breaking." He turned to face me. His face set in determination, his pupils more black taking over the blueness that usually shone. "You now have four minutes."

That was incentive enough for me to get my ass in gear to leave the vehicle. I walked up the steps to where my mother was about to open the front door. I stopped her with a hand on a shoulder.

"Ashley and I are heading back to L.A now mum." I quickly wrapped my arms around her. "I am so happy that I came back to visit you. Next time it would not be so long I promise."

She looked back to the open door where the driver remained standing holding the door open.

"Are you sure that you want to go back to L.A I know that you have not been happy there for some time you can always come back home and stay." Mum folded my hand in between hers. "I am always here for you. Come home."

My eyes started sting with tears. I always wanted to come back home. I was so close to coming back home before I rashly decided to move into a rich mans house. Now things have gotten out of hand. I can't come back home till this business with Brandon was done.

"I will come back." I gave her another hug.

"Damn right." Sam hugged me from behind. "You definitely need to come back so that we could sort out my bridesmaids dress. And I am ringing round to sort out your hen night once you set a date."

"Sam you don't need to do that." I returned her hug. "Nothing is set in stone."

"I am just so happy for you. And tell Ashley he done a good thing with the soccer punch." Sam mimicked the punch that Ashley done earlier. "Pow."

We all laughed at her antics. "I will tell him, I try and come down next month."

The driver cleared his throat loudly. "Madam the jet is ready to leave."

We did a three way hug. It was a tight and emotional. I could feel my mother's tears wetting my face. I did not know how much my being away affected her that much. She always seemed so tough so formidable.

It took a lot of strength on my behalf to detach myself away from my family. With tears of my own I fled from the steps into the car.

As soon as the door was shut I opened the electric window to wave at them on the steps. David stood in the middle of my mother and sister supporting them both.