Chapter Thirty Six

Uploaded on 15/06/2015

Edited 14/12/16

"She appears fine Mr Wentworth." I heard a woman's voice which sounded distant. "She does not appear to of suffered any injuries from the fall."

I let out a quiet moan, trying to move my heavy body. Just why couldn't I open my eyes? They felt like a ton of bricks.

"Ashley, she is waking up." My mother's voice sounded louder to me. I could feel a strong grip on my hand. "Katryna?"

My eyes opened to little slits I instantly closed them back again as the ceiling light was blinding me.

"The light." I croaked. My mouth felt dry.

A cold glass was placed against my lips. "Drink." I heard Ashley strong voice say.

I opened my eyes to see him tipping a small amount of water in my mouth so that I would be able to have a drink. He stood over me blocking me from the bright light whilst someone turned it down.

"How do you feel?" Mum asked when I finished having a couple sips of water.

"I'm okay." I looked around the room noticing that I was laying on the couch. "What happened?"

"You fainted. That is what happened." Ashley said coming from the corner when he placed the glass on the table. For some reason, he looked pissed off. "When were you going to tell me."

I looked at him confused. "Tell you what?"

Mum squeezed my hand then got up from the crouching position on the floor. "She doesn't know Ashley." She placed a kiss on my forehead. "I think we should give them some space."

The room became empty except for Ashley who stood to the side deep in thought. His finger was tapping away at his chin. One trait that i noticed he does when he was giving a lot of thought to an idea.

"What is going on?" I asked bringing him out of his daytime thoughts.

He walked towards me perching down on my side in the space that my mother has just vacated.

"You have been out for nearly thirty minutes." He took my hand in his. "We called the local Doctor, who came and done some routine tests. She checked your blood and examined you. You're pregnant."

"Pregnant?" I echoed like an idiot. I had my suspicions. "Are you sure. Aren't I meant to pee in a cup or something."

He placed his hand on my stomach both our eyes going to that area. "She says there is a heartbeat. She placed a monitor on you. We all heard it."

"I didn't," I stated. "Everyone heard the heartbeat before me." For some reason I was upset. "Why did everyone know before me?"

"Your family did not want to leave the room. The last thing I thought the Doctor would tell me was that you are pregnant." Ashley had come up to cup my cheek wiping away a stray tear.

"How do you feel about it?" It... It. It was a baby. One that I did not plan for. "We should have been more careful."

"It was my fault. We had plenty of opportunities to wear a condom but I choose not too." He took a deep breath looking at me, looking inside me with those bright blue eyes of his. "I want to marry you. Make you my wife. I want to have this baby with you."

My hand covered his. It was not a proclamation of love but it was damn well better than what I had with Donny. I could make this work. Make this family happen.

"I want those things too." I kissed him. Kissed the father of my baby, showed him how much he meant to me. Right there and then I have fallen deeper in love with Ashley.