Chapter 5

Chapter Five

"Of course Donny have been faithful to me." I scoffed at Nova. "I know you two don't get along. But he did help you get that job at the restaurant." I reminded her.

"I sometimes I wonder if it reason enough to keep my mouth shut or he would get me run out of the city." Came Nova's quick reply.

She looked over at me shocked that she just said that. "It's okay. We both under stress." I reassured her. I understand she don't want me to tell Donny how she doesn't like him. He got her hired and he could get her fired. Last thing we need is two unemployed people under Lexi's thumb.

"Do you want to go back home?" Nova said as she got on the freeway.

I leaned back in the chair. "I hope Lexi is out. I told her we be gone all day."

"You told her we be out all day?" Nova smiled. "Let's make it home then. Maybe she has gone out."

I laughed at that. "She seems to be staying in a lot lately. What happened to her L.A posse?"

Since we got to L.A Lexi started hanging out with a bunch of her old high school girlfriends. All of them came from money as they went to a private school. Not a state run poor house, as Lexi like to call them. As they turn out criminals.

It took all my strength then not to slap her oops up side her head.

"Do you want to stop for something to eat?" I asked her as we past a roadside diner. My stomach started to growl as I realized I haven't eaten anything all day.

"No! I rather get home." Nova looked down at the speed thermometer then sped up. "We can be there in a couple of minutes. If there is no traffic of course."

"I really hope I get this job." I put back on my sunglasses then relaxed in the seat. "It did not seem promising that he asked me only three questions."

"Hmmm." Nova answered distractedly. "Let's just wait for their phone call."

"I think I should start looking for a cheaper apartment. Would you like to move in with me." I offered Nova.

"Only if there is a clause that states no boyfriends." I heard Nova say deeply as she drove into the secured car park. "Home sweet home. We are here now. Let's go inside." She unbuckled her seatbelt to get out the car.

I leaned over to place my hand on her arm as Nova swung her legs out the vehicle.

"What is it that you have against Donny. I'm sick of this Nova." I was angry that she had this feud with Donny going on. Both of them won't tell me how it started.

"I don't think he is good enough for you. I don't think he is faithful." Nova said honestly. Looking straight in my eyes her own one full of tears.

"Have you seen him with another woman?" I gulped.

"Technically I haven't. But I know he is having an affair." Nova said firmly squeezing my hands.

I placed my palm on Nova's cheek offering her some form of comfort. "Not Everyman is like Lewis." I told her. "I know the signs to look out for now."

"Okay. I stay out of it then." Nova released a sigh then got out the car.

I felt for Nova then. Four years ago when we were at college I was dating a man call Lewis. He was a year above me at college. He was a nerd but a good looking nerd. Since he was bullied at high school he decided to work out heavily at the gym. What I didn't know was that I wasn't the only girl he was stringing along. When Nova tried to tell me I believed Lewis when he told me Nova was jealous.