Chapter Fourty Two

uploaded on 15-02-2016

Edited: 31/12/2017

"How was your honeymoon?" Vivian asked me when she walked into the living room.

I was in the family main living area on the ground floor sitting on the terrace watching the birds in the garden.

I looked up at her shielding my eyes. "It was great thank you." I told her putting my hand back on my rounded bump. "It was the first time that I been to Honolulu."

She pulled back the chair inspecting it before sitting down. She was dressed immaculately as usual. "You've grown bigger in three weeks." She took out her fan to gently fan herself. "It is a bit hot to be sitting here."

"I am use to the L.A heat now." I gestured to the big umbrella that was offering me some protection from the sun. "You doing anything with your day?"

She snapped the fan shut leaning back in her chair. "I am just going to visit with the Sunderland's. Donny has been out of hospital for some time now."

I grimace, whilst on holiday Ashley and I have not talked about that incident with Donny. I wanted to bring it up but realised it will just make the situation worst. What I need to do is concentrate on my relationship with Ashley and my child.

"Is he alright?" I asked, there is a part of me that will always feel for Donny.

"He didn't suffer any lasting damages." She went quiet as Suzy placed a cocktail drink for her on the table in front of us. She didn't bother giving me any eye contact but left to stand a long distance away. Enough to give us privacy but still there to be called over if there was something that she needed. "I..." She cleared her throat. "We all under estimated him on how he felt about you."

"Me and Donny is in the past he made his decision when he decided to shack up with Lexi." I took a sip of my water that has not gone cold in the afternoon sun.

She nodded. "I just hope that everything turns out for the best."

She went to say something further when a smash could be heard coming from inside the house. I got up to walk with her in the hall way to see around thirty security officers walking around.

"What is going on here?" Vivienne asked drawing the man that was closest to her.

"Spot check." He said firmly listening to a voice in his ear. "I have been told to ask you ladies to wait in the living area."

"Spot check for what?" I ask Viviane ash the man in the suit lead us back into the room. However this time he kept the door open.

We saw another man come in with a mental device scanning it slowly around the room. Suzy looked scared.

Vivienne sat down next to me. "It because of security. We have it to make sure there is no breaches. We haven't had one for about two years now. A bit out the blue."

I wonder if this had to do with anything about Ashley being blackmailed. I was unsure if I should have mentioned anything about it to her.

A man went to the lamp in the corner of the room. The machine that he had in his hand began to blink ferociously  he looked to the man by the door signalling that he should come over. He pointed to the object. He turned the object over fiddling with it a moment to reveal a chip.

"We found another one." He pressed the button by his ear leaning to the side listening. "No this one is not a camera but a voice recorder." He looked in our direction. "Thank you madam." Gave us a nod them left.

Vivianne looked shocked. "Just who would have the audacity to bug my home?"

I looked about the room. The first thought in my head was Brandon. Ashley would definitely be out for his blood now.

"They may be able to trace where it came from." I remember seeing they do that in some spy movies. "I think they give off some signals."

"You're right." She agreed.

Suzy looked at me smiling when she caught my eye then left the room. I got up, since I no longer worked here and being pregnant stopped me from getting casting calls I felt like all I was doing was wasting time.

I placed my hand on my stomach feeling brave. "I think I know who done this. The butler, Brandon." I told her. I explained to her what was going on, how he was blackmailing me and Ashley.

She got up angry. "Why is he still working here? Why was I not told?"

I shook my head. "Ashley wanted him nearby where he could keep an eye on him. So he doesn't do anything suspicious."

She looked taken back. "Just how stupid is my son? He been keeping an eye on us all along." She pointed at the lamp. "Just when you think you had the upper hand he knows what you were doing the entire time."

She walked with me to the door. Walking along to the servant wing. We were in the corridor to see three secrurity men standing by the door. One of them raised his foot to kick the door. It didn't budge. He kicked it again to reveal a room that had many small television screens in front of a desk.

I peaked my head through to see some of the screen had a grey static on. The ones that I could see showed aspects of the house.

Including my bedroom with Ashley!

Ashley came whirling round the corner. "I want that Brandon found now!"

He kissed the top of my head walking into the secret room. The same security person picked up a glass taking some DnA. "I will take this to the lab to process it straight away." He cocked his head to the side. "My men said they have him detain at the edge of the property as he was trying to leave."

Ashley flexed his muscles. "Bring him to me. To my room." He said slowly so only I heard. "Looks like I could use my red room for other purposes."

A/N

Sorry if it seems rushed but I am rounding up the book now. I hope you enjoyed it up to this end. But I have lost my spark for the maid. Maybe it will come back as I am ending it.

Xx kayla