Chapter Twenty-Five

Cannon and I are laying on opposite ends of the couch with our legs tangled together watching our fourth Marvel movie of the day when my stomach growls for more snacks.

"I'm hungry again," I announce.

Cannon laughs and says, "Go make some more popcorn. I'll share it with you."

I grin and hop off the couch, pulling down the oversized sleep shirt I'd been wearing all day. Jace was visiting a local business who was looking to hire him to design a new logo and ad campaign for them, and Cannon and I had literally spent all day on the couch together. It was exactly what I'd needed.

I'm standing in front of the microwave listening for the popping to slow down when I feel Cannon's arms wrap around my waist.

"Did you say Jace wasn't coming back until really late?" he whispers in my ear.

I smile and turn my face toward his, opening the microwave so I can pay attention to him without having the smell of burnt popcorn permeate the house. "That's what he told me. And just why do you ask?"

"I've had you close to me all day and now I want you closer."

His words surprise me. I've never heard Cannon be this forward, and I'm excited to see where this leads.

"Oh?" I turn to face him and look around. "Right here? In the middle of the kitchen? That is naughty."

He turns me around and sandwiches me between him and the counter. "Here. The living room. My room. I don't care. Just let me touch you, Desi."

Where has this Cannon been the last few times we've been in this position?

I wrap my arms around his neck and press myself against him, thanking my lucky stars I wore my sexy red lace underwear under the sleep shirt.

"It's what I've been waiting for you to say all day, Cannon."

Cannon cups my cheeks and tilts my head back, saying, "Then let me make you feel good." Just as they did the other night, his lips come down on mine soft and sweet. But this time, he is the one to sweep his tongue over my bottom lip. The gentle caress has me opening to him and sets my body tingling.

This is good; tingles are an excellent sign. I force my brain to stop thinking and just focus on the moment, sliding my arms around his neck and backing us up against the counter. I slide my tongue along his and moan into the kiss, tugging on his hair.

His hands trail down my sides and play with the bottom of my shirt. The pads of his fingers are soft as they ease underneath and grab the back of my thighs. He hoists me onto the countertop and wedges his body between my legs. I nibble on his bottom lip as his fingers travel from my knees and over the tops of my thighs.

Cannon toys with me, inching under the leg of my panties. Everything he does is so calculated and unhurried. He will need some coaxing if I want to get what I crave. I lift my hips from the counter, hoping he will get a clue but he rubs more of my upper thigh.

I want more, need more, but he just keeps rubbing everywhere except where I need him the most. I don't know what exactly he's doing, if he's trying to seduce me, turn me on, or what, but I was turned on before he hoisted me on this countertop.

Now I am getting impatient, and I am just before taking his hand and putting it exactly where I need it.

"Cannon," I murmur against his lips, kissing him between words. "I need you to touch me."

His finger brushes the wet fabric over my center. "Like this?"

I open my mouth to answer but the words that fill the room are not my own. "Slip your finger inside her and rub her clit with your thumb and stop asking her if she likes it. Tell her this is what she needs."