Chapter Thirty-Seven

My eyes close, and I turn to face him, wrapping my legs around his waist and pressing my center against his rapidly growing desire for me. "And I know you don't break promises, Jace Wilder. But right now, can we keep relaxing in this hot bath? Because the minute you start touching me like that, all my chill is going to be out the window."

He plucks a rose petal from my shoulder and replaces it with a kiss. "This is your day. You call the shots. If you want to relax, that's what we'll do." He lifts his hips and presses into my aching sex. "If you want to fuck, we can do that too."

I groan and roll my hips against his. "You are naughty. Here I am just trying to get a back massage or hair washing or something, and you're trying to fuck me," I tease, brushing my lips against his.

"I'll be happy to run my hands over any parts of your body you like. Granted, some I enjoy touching a little more than the others."

I giggle and shove his shoulder gently, turning back around, my back to his front. I can still feel how hard he is against the small of my back, which makes my face flush and a grin spread across my face. "You know, for a princess, I haven't really had much of the royal treatment. No one has ever washed my hair before. Do you want to be the first? I'd really love a scalp massage. I'll return the favor and do anything you want before we get out of the tub."

"That's a dangerous promise to make," he says, grabbing a glass pitcher and my favorite shampoo from the side of the tub.

I raise an eyebrow. "Damn, you thought of everything, didn't you?"

"I told you; this day is all about you."

He fills the pitcher with fresh warm water and pours it over my head. His fingers linger in my hair, ensuring each strand is wet before he lathers the shampoo between his hands. The gentle circular motion of his fingertips draws a moan out of me. My eyes flutter shut, and I send up a silent prayer to the cosmos that this never ends.

"God, Jace, are you sure you're in the right occupation? You are so damn good at this," I groan, tilting my head to the side to give him access to all my curls as he lathers the shampoo underneath at the nape of my neck. "I should have had you doing this all along; I've been missing out."

He chuckles, the vibration rattling through my back. "I'm not sure shampoo boy would pay enough to sustain a comfortable lifestyle. But I'm happy to do it for you. Head back and eyes closed."

I follow his orders and he rinses the suds from my hair. Taking the bottle of conditioner, he combs the cream through my hair with his fingers, working out the tangles.

"I found your hair intimidating the first time we were intimate. I wasn't sure if I could run my fingers through it or if you would like me playing with the curls."

"I'm glad you got over that. I was always jealous of the girls with straight hair. No one was ever scared to touch it. And those rare times someone played with mine was almost orgasmic."

"I'd like to see that."

I smile and shake my head. "Keep doing what you're doing, and you just might."

He finishes rinsing my hair and eases me around to face him, pushing the wet curls away from my face. "I know what I want in return for washing your hair, which was my pleasure, by the way."

"Oh?" I ask, reaching out and running my fingernail down the center of his chest. "And what's that?" I close the tiny bit of distance between us and kiss down his jawline, onto his neck, and across his collarbone, licking the moisture from his skin.

He tangles his fingers in my hair at my scalp and pulls. "I want to see you fall apart."

The butterflies that are always barely under control in my belly when he's around come to life. This man, this beautiful, selfless, scarred but perfect man has ruined me for anyone else for eternity.