Chapter Thirty-One

The determination flashing in Jace's eyes is a complete turn on. He means every word of his promise to make me scream. I know his fingers and mouth are magical, but I'm eager to discover what the rest of him can do. I don't doubt he will make good on his promise more than once. Jace Wilder only knows how to complete something to perfection.

He fishes his wallet out of his pocket and removes a golden packet.

I place my hand over his, and my cheeks burn pink. "You don't have to if you don't want to. We aren't compatible in that way, and...I've only been with you, so..."

One side of Jace's mouth quirks and he tosses the condom over his shoulder. Pressing his lips to my neck, he says, "Now that I know I'll get to feel you around me with no barriers, it's going to be hard to hold back."

I tangle my fingers in his hair and tug until he lifts his eyes to mine. "Who said anything about holding back? I don't want that. I meant what I said; I want you to give me everything, Jace. We've waited long enough for this." I lift my hips and press the damp center of my panties against the bulge in his pants as I reach down and unsnap the button so fast I rip it from the material. "I can take every inch of you."

"Spoken like a true queen." He lowers the lace cupping my breast and drags his lips over the hard peak. "I suggest you not get ahead of yourself. You just might bite off more than this beautiful body can handle."

I arch my neck back and breathe, "Remember: I'm immortal. Nothing you do is going to break me, Jace." I bring my gaze back to his. "I want you to think about every time you wanted me and forced yourself to resist. Make up for all those times right now."

"I have a better idea." He bites my nipple. "Quit rushing this and let me savor you. I want to make this last."

I raise an eyebrow and settle back into the pillow, raising my arms and crossing them behind my head. "Well, when you put it that way...why would I do anything else?" I eye his pants. "But can you at least take those off? I mean, I already ripped the button, so..."

He chuckles and tugs down the waist of his slacks. "I'm second guessing my plan. Maybe I should sit back and let you worship my body. I have a feeling I would end up thoroughly ravaged."

I grin and bring one hand down to his cheek as if to tenderly stroke it, but instead I slide my hand around to the back of his neck and pull him up so our faces are inches apart. "It would be my distinct pleasure to thoroughly ravage you, and I am almost certain I could come just from getting you off," I say, my lips barely brushing against his.

"A theory I'd like to put to the test, but not right now."

Jace makes his way down my body, pulling the straps of my bra down my arms and lowering it to free my breasts. He pauses a moment to lavish each nipple with the wet strokes of his tongue before kissing each point of the star on my sternum. A part of me that should remind him that I'm a demon, the terrifying being lurking in nightmares, he reverently worships. When he reaches my soft stomach, his thumbs continue to the sides of my panties. They hook beneath the lace and drag it down my legs. Each new patch of skin revealed to Jace he showers in open mouth kisses.

I shift underneath him, my body aflame with the insatiable need to touch him that's been plaguing me every moment since we decided to give it a rest. Now that I'm here, underneath him, the most intimate parts of our bodies so close, so much bare skin against bare skin, it is taking every ounce of my rapidly deteriorating self-control to let him continue his slow descent toward my throbbing center.

When he finally slides my panties all the way off my feet and drops them to the floor, he leans back on his heels and admires me. Every inch of my skin tightens under his scrutiny. I let my own gaze roam over him—his smooth, tanned skin, hard abs, strong biceps that I want wrapped around me...his dark hair mussed and his grey eyes lit up with lust, excitement, and something else I can't quite define, or more likely...something I don't let myself define.