05. the volturi

chapter five

the volturi

ALICE CULLEN GOT THE VISION AS HER EYES LOCKED WITH THE THREE VOLTURI KINGS. The vision was clear. Daisy Swan was sitting in a garden, paints scattered around her as she painted. Sitting closely to her was Caius and he was looking the human lovingly as he whispered sweet things in her ear and moved a piece of hair out of her face. Alice had never seen such a bright smile on Daisy.

Alice was snapped out of the vision and as the vision ended she shared a worried look with Edward who read her thoughts. She looked Bella pitifully who had no idea what was Daisy's future. She just hoped that maybe they could keep this hidden from them. 

"I would love to see if-- you are an exception to my gifts, as well." Alice's attention was back on the conversation happening around her. "Would you do me the honor?" Aro offered Bella his hand and tilted his head slightly.

Bella looked unsure but took a step closer to Aro and reached for his hand. Aro grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to him. The other Kings were looking them curiously, waiting to see if Bella was immune to Aro's power. Aro's face altered, the confidence wavered and became first doubt, then incredulity before he calmed. "Interesting. I see nothing." He turned his back on them.

"I wonder if-- let's see if she is immune to all our powers." Aro turned to look Jane. "Shall we, Jane?"

"No!" Edward snarled the word and launched himself at Jane.

"Pain." Edward was on the ground writhing in agony as Jane was smiling.

"Stop!" Bella shrieked, her voice echoing in the silence and as she tried to jump forward, but cold hands of Alec grabbed her. "Just stop hurting him, please!" Bella kept pleading.

"Jane." Aro recalled her in a tranquil voice. She looked up quickly, still smiling with pleasure. He inclined his head toward Bella. "Go ahead, my dear."

"This may hurt just a little." Jane was looking at Bella in an intense way, trying to use her gift. Bella shrank back, waiting for the pain but nothing happened. 

Aro started to laugh like a maniac and clapped his hands together. "Remarkable! She confounds us all. So, what we do with you now?

"You already know what you're going to do, Aro." Marcus said, sounding bored and disinterested.

"She knows too much, she's a liability." Caius spoke for the first time and he was excited of the fact that they were about to execute them.

Aro hummed. "That's true. Felix." he ordered and so much happened at the same time. Edward moved Bella out of the way by flipping her over and placing her behind him. He then attacked Felix who was known of his combat techniques. Alice who tried to move was grabbed by Demitri by her throat, unable to move.