19. dracula

chapter nineteen

dracula

DAISY WAS OUTSIDE WITH OKSANA, DEMETRI, AND FELIX

DAISY WAS OUTSIDE WITH OKSANA, DEMETRI, AND FELIX. They were in the garden sitting on a blanket as Daisy was holding her new kitten in her arms. Oksana had arranged a small picnic for them, trying to brighten Daisy's mood.

Conflicting emotions churned within her as she grappled with Caius's hidden truth. On one hand, she understood the complexities of his past and the intricacies of vampire politics. Yet, on the other hand, she couldn't shake the sense of betrayal that gnawed at her heart. She didn't understand why he had to hide it and it made her uncertain, was he hiding something else?

Soon expensive gifts started appearing in her room as well as flowers - mostly daisies, painting supplies, books, a new laptop for school, and jewelry. The gifts seemed to be his way of saying sorry and Daisy didn't know what to think or how to react so she was currently avoiding him, and he seemed to understand giving her space.

With the kitten nestled in her arms, she couldn't help but smile at the playful antics of the tiny creature. She was petting the kitten's black fur as he purred in contentment. "Have you thought about names?" Oksana asked. 

Daisy smiled and picked up the kitten in front of her eyes. "I like Dracula."

Felix roared into laughter after hearing the name. "It's definitely fitting."

"How about the lover boy?" Oksana gave Daisy a smirk knowing that her friend was feeling overwhelmed with all of the gifts.

Daisy rolled her eyes at her nickname. "No comment," she mumbled.

"I think you should keep him suffering a little bit longer," Oksana chuckled. "Soon you will have more diamonds than the queen of England."

"Please don't," Demetri added quickly. "He has been almost impossible to deal with. He's being so moody."

"I think everyone is trying to avoid being the target of his wrath," Felix commented.

Daisy chuckled. "Is that the only reason why everyone has been hanging out with me? So you can avoid Caius?"

If the color was able to disappear from his face, it would have happened. "I'm sorry. Of course not. I didn't mean-"

"Felix," Daisy gave him a soft smile. "I'm messing with you. Relax."

"Oh god, yesterday he almost killed the worker who bought him the wrong shade of green," Demetri commented and changed his voice to impersonate Caius. "This is forest green, not emerald, like I asked you stupid worthless-"

Felix interrupted Demetri as he saw Daisy's reaction who seemed shocked to hear how Caius was acting. "Demetri. It seems that you have made the queen more upset."