10. graduation

chapter ten

graduation

"WHEN WE WERE FIVE, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like astronaut, president, or, in my case, a princess," soft voices chuckling filled the room as Jessica Stanley was starting her speech.

"When we were 10, they asked again. We answered rock star, cowboy, or, in my case, a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how about this? Who the hell knows?" Cheers filled the room.

"This isn't the time to make hard-and-fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love, a lot." Daisy's smile momentarily broke as she listened to Jessica's words and then thought about Caius.

"Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind, and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask what we want to be, we won't have to guess. We'll know," as Jessica finished her speech, the whole room filled with applause and cheering.

The rest of the time was a blur to Daisy as the ceremony commenced, a symphony of speeches, and applause, and the gathering crowd hummed with anticipation as families and friends came together to celebrate the achievements of their loved ones.

She doesn't remember much from the moment when her name was called, she stepped onto the stage, a mixture of nervousness and joy coursing through her veins. She remembered looking at the crowd and seeing her father cheering and clapping, looking proud of his only daughter. Her footsteps echoed with purpose as she joined the sea of caps and gowns, a symphony of vibrant hues, and anxious smiles.

Exiting the ceremony, she emerged into a world painted in the hues of her dreams. The sky, an expansive canvas, stretched out before her, mirroring the vast possibilities that lay ahead.

THE PARTY RADIATED an atmosphere of warmth and elegance, a tapestry woven with love and celebration. The Cullen's house was adorned with cascading strands of twinkling lights, casting a soft glow upon the gathering. Balloons, ribbons, and floral arrangements in vibrant hues decorated the space.

The air was filled with laughter, joy, and the tinkling of glasses as guests mingle and celebrate the graduates' achievements. 

Daisy was chatting with Angela when Alice walked up to them. "Hey, how are you enjoying yourselves?" 

"It's so beautiful," Daisy complimented as she looked around them at the elegant decoration. 

"I love your dress," Alice complimented and looked at Daisy's dress up and down.