06. caius

chapter six

caius

THE CULLENS AND BELLA WERE BACK.  Bella and Edward got back together like nothing happened and Bella started to act more like she did before Edward left. Charlie obviously wasn't happy that his daughter had run to Italy after her ex-boyfriend so now he disliked Edward even more than he did before.

The relationship between Daisy and Bella also changed. Bella never talked about what happened to them in Italy but Daisy could see that it was something big. Daisy wasn't even sure if she wanted to know. Bella had started to act differently toward her. When she thought Daisy wasn't looking she could feel her pitiful look like she knew something Daisy didn't.

Bella wasn't the only one treating Daisy differently. It was also Edward, Alice, and Jasper. Those were the Cullens Daisy saw the most because they still went to the same school. It was mostly weird stares they gave her and they seemed to be extra careful around her. She had actually gotten a lot closer to Alice after they got back.

Other than that, things were good for Daisy. She was waiting for her acceptance letters to college but it had always been her dream to take a gap year and travel the world. That's what her mother had done before going to university and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to do it before college. Even though Daisy loved Forks, she was eager to get out of there. 

"Daisy! I saved you a seat!" Alice happily yelled when she spotted her walking to the table they were seated. Daisy blushed when everyone at the table turned to look at her and she quickly put her stuff on the seat and her tray next to Alice. 

"Daisy, I was just about to tell everyone that I have decided to throw a party." Alice smiled. 

"After all, how many times will we graduate high school?" Jasper joked and Daisy saw Edward stifle a smile.

"A party? At your house?" Angela questioned.

"Whoa. I've never seen your house." Jessica said, seeming curious.

"No one's ever seen their house." Eric pointed out.

"Another party, Alice?" Edward questioned and gave her a long look.

"It'll be fun." 

"That's what you said last time," Bella said and Daisy slightly froze when she remembered the last time she visited them and what happened.

Suddenly, Alice froze, her eyes glazing over. It was the same type of reaction she had in Charlie's house before they left for Italy to save Edward. The vacant look in her eyes told Daisy that she was seeing something very different from the mundane lunchroom scene that surrounded them. Bella and Daisy shared a quick look with each other, knowing that it was another vision.

 Daisy knew that Bella would be asking about it as soon as she could but Daisy made a promise to herself. Even though her cousin was dating a vampire, she was going to stay far away from supernatural creatures and problems.

TODAY WAS FINALLY THE DAY CAIUS WAS ABLE TO SEE DAISY. It had been the longest couple of weeks in Caius' immortal life. Demetri and Felix had been following Daisy and making sure that she was safe until Caius was able to leave Volterra. His mind was a little bit more at peace knowing that there were two vampires keeping an eye on her and Caius knew that both Demetri and Felix would do anything to keep her safe. And both vampires knew that if something happened to her, he would kill them. Still, Caius wanted to be there for her.