18. the other woman

chapter eighteen

the other woman

DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE BELLA AND EDWARD'S WEDDING, yet Daisy found herself unable to shake the memories of the fight between her and her cousin

DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE BELLA AND EDWARD'S WEDDING, yet Daisy found herself unable to shake the memories of the fight between her and her cousin. Amidst the turmoil of their disagreement, Daisy couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt gnawing at her conscience. What if she didn't survive and that was their last conversation?

Daisy had been told to stay inside for a couple of days, according to Caius they were dealing with some business, and she knew nothing else that it wasn't safe to go outside. She was trying to do something to keep her mind somewhere else. Caius was busy as well as the Guards. She hadn't seen any of them all day, except Caius who briefly woke her up in the morning to tell her good morning before returning to his duties.

Currently, she was in the kitchen alone making some food for herself. Caius had offered to hire a chef but she enjoyed cooking and declined. According to him the kitchen in the castle hadn't been used in years but it had been upgraded and cleaned when Caius found out about Daisy.

"So you are the replacement," a voice called by the door. Daisy almost dropped the pan she was holding as a new presence announced themself so suddenly. She turned to see a beautiful woman leaning over the doorway, it almost seemed she had been there for a long time, watching Daisy. She had dark brown curly hair that ran down to her shoulders and thin eyebrows, and like every other vampire, she was stunning. 

Daisy blushed slightly after realizing that the person probably heard her singing along to the radio. "Oh hey," she said and placed the pan back onto the counter, trying to hide her embarrassment. Sometimes she hated being the only human in the castle. "I'm Daisy," she introduced herself.

The woman smiled sweetly but there seemed to be something sinister hidden in her eyes. She walked further into the kitchen. "Oh, I know. The whole castle hasn't talked about anything else than the human mate of Caius for the past few months. The first human to live in the Volturi Castle. You're quite famous here."