09. the truth

chapter nine

the truth

THE LAST PERSON DAISY SWAN expected to see outside her house was Jacob Black. The last time she had seen him was when Bella decided to run after Edward to Italy and that was also the day Daisy found out he was a wolf-shifter. Daisy was definitely missing the days when her biggest problem was school work and graduation and it was peculiar to think that things like vampires and shifters were part of her life now.

"Jacob?" She blurted out his name and it ended up sounding like a question. He looked her up and down but she had no idea what he was thinking about.

"Daisy," he greeted her, "Is your father home?"

"No, but he should be here soon if you want to wait for him," she explained awkwardly as she moved a little bit to show that he could enter if he wanted to.

"I'm actually here to see you."

"Oh?" She blurted out again, her eyebrows shooting up. "You wanna come inside?"

Daisy led Jacob inside her home and walked to the kitchen. "You want something to drink?" She asked and wiped her hands on her pants and tried not to look as nervous as she was. She wasn't even sure why she was nervous but she was curious to hear what he wanted from her.

"No, but we need to talk." He said which made Daisy stop and turn to face him. 

"Okay, if this is about the thing I found out. I haven't told anyone and I don't plan on telling anyone." She wasn't sure why but it still felt hard to say the words werewolf or vampire out loud so still she avoided saying those words.

"It's not about that." He said and Daisy crossed her arms over her body as she waited for him to continue. "I think you should know that they are lying to you and you are in danger."

Yet again, Daisy was speechless. She didn't know what he was talking about or what he meant by the fact that she was in danger. "Who is lying to me and why do you think I'm in danger?"

"Who do you think? The Cullens." Jacob spat the words out as it bought him pain to say them. "My pack noticed three vampires running through Forks to Port Angeles a while back and it seems that Cullens and Bella think they were after you."

"What? Why would vampires be after me?" Daisy asked, confused by his revelation.

"I'm not sure but I thought it's best that you knew."

Daisy shook her head. "Bella would have told me if there were vampires after me." Daisy tried to sound convincing but her voice came out unsure.

"I just wanted to let you know. You are a good person and you shouldn't get mixed with the bloodsucker business. You should be careful." He said before leaving Daisy alone in the kitchen. Bella would have told her, wouldn't she?