The Question

SCARLETTS POV:
After I went to the orphanage I went straight back home because all I wanna do is see Georgia since I haven't seen her in hours.

I jump into my car and head straight back home, I get a text off Lizzie saying that they are leaving  the mall now and will be home in 20 minutes, at that point I'm only 10 minutes away from the house.

I pull up in the drive way and open the front door, I leave my keys and my phone on the kitchen island and sit on the couch until I hear a car pull-up outside.

I stand up and walks to the front door where I see Lizzie getting out of the car but Georgia isn't, I thought she was gonna be running to me but I guess not. Lizzie opens the door to reveal Georgia fast asleep in the front of the car making me smile.

I make my way down the driveway and stop at Georgia, I gently unbuckle her seat belt and lift her into my arms, she stirs but immediately falls back to sleep, Lizzie is getting some shopping bags while I bring Georgia inside.

I lay Georgia on my bed so that she is more comfortable and because me and Lizzie are gonna be in her room putting her clothes away because she needs some rest before all the adoption chaos starts happening.

"So how was the orphanage?"Lizzie asks me as we start to put away Georgia's clothes, "It went well, I am going to go to Daniels orphanage tomorrow or the next day so that I can start the adoption earlier, Colin know about Georgia and Daniel so he said that he will come over in 2 days so that he can sign the papers and maybe meet Georgia it depends on what Georgia is doing that day"I tell Lizzie, "I just can't let Georgia that she will see Daniel again until I can take him home"I add, Lizzie agrees with me and we chat about random things while we put Georgia's clothes away.

We hear footsteps behind us and we both look to see a tired Georgia rubbing her eyes, she walk over to me and sits beside me on the floor and leans her head on my shoulder.

"Did you have a good sleep baby?"I asks stroking her hair, she just nods and closes her eyes again, I slightly chuckle before handing Lizzie some clothes so she can fold them since I have a child laying on my shoulder.

Lizzie finishes with the clothes and starts to put her shoes away while I bring Georgia onto my lap so she can be more comfortable, I get a phone call from my husband Colin.

I grab my phone and answer it, "Hey babe"I say through the phone, "Hey baby I just wanted to call to let you know that I am for sure gonna be there in the next 2 days and I would love to meet Georgia"Colin explains to me, I smile and look down at Georgia, "I can't wait to see you baby, I can't wait for you meet Georgia as well"I say to Colin, we chat about arrangements for a little bit and then Colin hangs up the phone.

"Who was that?"I hear a small voice from my lap, I look at Georgia and see her looking up at me with a confused face.

"That was my husband Colin, he was just saying that he can't wait to meet you because he is coming over to Manhattan in 2 days to see you and me"I explain to Georgia, she just nods and smiles before laying her head back on my chest.

We sit there for a little bit until I feel the weight on my chest, I look down and see Georgia fast asleep once again, I look at Lizzie and she nods before leaving the room.

I am going to have to ask Georgia about this adoption thing tomorrow before breakfast so I know for sure that she wants me to be her mom.

——————————♥︎——————————

Me and Georgia slept in Georgia's bed last night so she wouldn't be alone, she was clinging onto me yesterday after her and Lizzie went shopping. She must of really missed me.

I wake up and see that Georgia is already awake and is just laying there playing with my hair, I smile to her and she smiles back to me, "Good morning baby, did you have a good sleep?"I ask her sitting up slightly in the bed.

"Good morning mo- Scarlett, I did have a good sleep"Georgia replies, I noticed that she almost slipped up and called me mom which makes me very happy but I can't show that is noticed it or she will deny it.

"How long have you been awake?"I ask her curious as why she is awake before me, she just shrugs and I nod because I can tell now that she is still not fully awake so it must have been only a few minutes before me.

"Georgia I need to ask you something"I say suddenly making Georgia sit up beside me, she nods her head waiting for me to continue, "I have had a phone call with the police about your situation, your foster parents have been arrested and taken out of the foster care system, they told me that I could keep you under my wing for a week when you first arrived and then they said that they would find you a nice foster home but I asked them what if I adopted you and they said that I could adopt you but the best time would be Monday so see if you want me to adopt you so I was wondering if you would like me to adopt you Georgia?"I ask her, she stares at me for a second before smiling widely.

"I would love to be adopted by you but what about Daniel?"Georgia asks looking up to me, "Well if I adopt you that means I adopt Daniel as well so then he will come to us because someone will bring him to us"I tell Georgia, she gasps and then she hugs me tightly, I smile and hug her tight before we both decide to go downstairs and tell Lizzie the news.

1079 words

Not Proofread