𝐎𝐍𝐄: i burn for you

Over the years, Yuzuru has learnt that he feels most at home when he's on the ice.

But also, he has learnt that home is wherever you are, too.

You two are practically inseparable. Whenever he's training, you're always there, waiting patiently for him and cheering him on. At every competition, you're always in the stands - a Winnie the Pooh bear in your hands ready to throw onto the ice when he's finished his program.

Just the sight of you makes his nerves settle down. You, are what home means to Yuzuru Hanyu.

Maybe it took him a little too long to realise this.

But you have always just been... there. Everywhere he went, you followed, and vice versa. It's not like he took your presence for granted, but you two were just two peas in a pod. He expected you to be there - he never obligated for you to be, but you just always were.

He remembers when he was five, and you had handed him an ice popsicle at the skating rink. He'd accepted it with the widest grin on his face, and you two had just been inseparable since. He also remembers high school, you two locking pinkies on the field during lunch break. He'd thought of it as nothing back then - it was just a simple gesture that you two had always done during your friendship.

But now, Yuzuru thinks that gesture makes his heart flutter a little more than he'd like to admit.

It's not like he's in denial, it's just that he's shocked that it took him so long to notice. He'd consider himself a fairly observant person - and he can't believe that he didn't realise the way his heartbeat quickened whenever he saw the smile on your lips that he oh so adored.

This pounding feeling in his chest, it's not like ones of nervousness that he feels before he starts skating. It feels... rather nice. A giddy smile makes its way to his lips as he clutches his chest like he's been struck with Cupid's arrow, and when Xinyu asks him what's got him in such a good mood, Yuzuru just shakes his head, the grin never leaving his lips.

When Yuzuru first realises that he's fallen head over heels, it hits him like a tidal wave - he feels butterflies in his stomach, he feels his heart beating faster than it's ever before, and he feels how his ears feel incredibly, incredibly hot all at once. It's a strange, foreign feeling. One he's never felt before.

But somehow, he knows that you're the only person who's able to make him feel this way.

Maybe since day one, his heart has always been yours. It's like his heart has always been locked, and you're the only person who has the key. There's just no one else he could imagine himself being with other than you - you're like two pieces of a puzzle that fit perfectly together.

The day he realises that he has feelings for you is quite an ordinary day, actually. You, waiting for him to finish training at the ice rink. There's a book in your hands, glasses perched cutely on your nose and Yuzuru finds his eyes lingering a little too long on you before he tells himself to focus.

He practices his routine, and skates flawlessly like he usually does. His blades glide on the ice elegantly, and his eyebrows are furrowed in concentration. To others, they must all be thinking that he's focused intently on his program.

Yet, the only thing running through his mind is the thought of you. The thought of how your smile seems to cheer him up like no other. The thought of how his heartbeat quickens when you lock your pinkie with his like you two always have.

The thought of how he finds himself wanting to kiss you.

Surprisingly, he doesn't slip and fall. He just finds himself stopping as the music still plays. His eyes are fixated on you, and his gaze softens. He's screwed - he can't believe it took him this long to realise how in love with you he actually was. Was he always such an... oblivious person?

"Yuzu?" you ask, looking up from your book. You felt his gaze on you, and you know that Yuzuru's not one to be distracted when he's practicing. "What's up?"

"Nothing," he says, dazedly. As you speak, he admires the way your lips part and close, and his heart flutters when he sees your lips quirk up into a smile at his response.

"Something caught your eye?" you say, a giggle escaping past your lips as you look around for anything that could've piqued your best friend's attention.

Yes, Yuzuru thinks. You're the one who's caught his eye.

But he doesn't say anything out loud, just offering you a small smile as he resumes practicing for his short program. He hides the grin on his face from you by burying his face in his hands, and he can't help but let out a small, childish giggle - he feels like a schoolboy who's just gotten his first crush.

You, are everything that Yuzuru Hanyu has ever wanted.

He holds you like he's holding the universe in his hands. He looks at you with the softest gaze anyone's ever seen in his eyes. Coming to realise that his infatuation was more than just a mere simple crush, Yuzuru thought that you were making his entire world spin off its axis - you, making him feel all these feelings that he never thought were possible to feel. Feelings that were only described in books, shown in movies.

But Yuzuru now understands. You were not only making his entire world spin off its axis - you were the centre of his world.

"I'm going to the Olympics again," he whispers to you, a couple nights later when he flops down onto the couch next to you, burying his face into the crook of your neck. His breath fans against your neck, and goosebumps arise on your skin.

"Yeah," you respond, the volume of your voice matching his. "You are, Yuzu - and you're going to kill it out there." you ruffle his hair lightly, a soft giggle escaping past your lips as light pink dusts Yuzuru's cheeks at your gesture.

"You flatter me, (Name)." he chuckles, and you smile. "I am merely speaking the truth, Yuzu - my Olympic gold medalist."

My Olympic gold medalist. Yuzuru feels dizzy. Yours...? He is yours. Your Olympic gold medalist. It's crazy how merely four words can make the tips of his ears feel hot, his heart doing somersaults.

There are no amount of words that can describe how he feels when you called him yours - that feeling of joy is one that cannot possibly be described in any way, shape or form.

Yuzuru Hanyu is well known as the Ice Prince, but his heart burns for you.