𝐒𝐈𝐗: 4 cans of beer

Yuzuru misses you.

You've been gone for maybe... less than five hours. He's just been playing on his Nintendo Switch all day in bed, occasionally leaving the comfort of his warm covers to make lunch, but then returns immediately to his bed when he's done.

"I'm home!" you say, and Yuzuru practically jumps out of bed (bad decision on his part, considering that he has a horrible injury to his ankle.) He rushes to the dining room, seeing you place a couple
plastic bags onto the dinner table.

"What'd you buy?" he asks, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "Cake." you beam, and at your response, Yuzuru's expression begins to mirror yours.

"Have I ever told you how great you are?" Yuzuru says, taking the cake box out of the plastic bag excitedly. You chuckle, placing your bag down on the couch. "All the time."

"How's Kaori? I feel bad for not being able to
make it today," he says, sticking a plastic fork into the slice of cake that you bought him. "She's well. Practicing a lot for the Olympics."

"Ah, mhm." Yuzuru responds, stuffing his mouth with cake. "She'll do really well, I'm sure." he says, voice less muffled after he swallows the bit of cake.

"I saw Haruto today," you mention, and Yuzuru nearly chokes on the piece of cake he's eating. "You good?" you ask, alarmed. You hand him a cup of water, and he murmurs a small thank you.

"What'd he say to you?" Yuzuru asks - he doesn't think this will go in his favour.

"He asked me if I wanted to hang out with him. I said sure. You wanna come along? I figured we'd probably get to know him better since... you know. He's going to the Olympics as well."

Yuzuru nearly spits out his water. "He's what?"

"You... didn't know?"

Yuzuru suddenly remembers the conversation he had with Haruto the other day. "Oh, wait. He told me... I must've forgotten."  Yuzuru responds, and you shrug. "Ah... anyways, do you wanna come?"

Does he want to third-wheel with you, the person that he cares about most in the world, and Haruto, his newly declared nemesis?

No. Not really. But he's worried. What if Haruto makes a move on you? Or what if you fall in love with Haruto?

Yuzuru feels dizzy.

"Uh... sure. I wouldn't be intruding though, right?" he asks, and you shake your head. "I'm sure he won't mind."

Yuzuru does not know Haruto as well as you do, but he is quite sure that Haruto minds. Very much, in fact.

You pull out your phone, seemingly to text Haruto, as Yuzuru sticks his fork into the cake once again. He's quite glad you asked him to come with you, but he's sure that Haruto would absolutely hate it.

Of course, Haruto wouldn't tell you that he doesn't like the idea of Yuzuru being there on your hangout. Yuzuru doesn't need to even be told to know that Haruto was hoping that your hangout could've developed into a date.

"Haruto said sure!" you say, a smile on your lips. "Yeah. That's good. I still hope I'm not intruding though." Yuzuru mumbles.

"You wouldn't be! Plus, you could get to know your teammate more."

Yuzuru has finally realised that you are oblivious as hell. Maybe he's finally admitted that yes, he is terrible at hiding his feelings (Xinyu was right) but it is thanks to how incredibly dense you are that he's still able to conceal it.

Surely you must be able to see the amount of disdain Haruto holds towards Yuzuru. Yuzuru can tell Haruto respects him as a skater, but he can also tell that Haruto wants him to step aside. As in... leave your side.